Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > South Central US
Best storage facility on lake Conroe? >

Best storage facility on lake Conroe?

Notices

Best storage facility on lake Conroe?

Old 05-30-2016, 03:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best storage facility on lake Conroe?

Was at Walden last year which was okay but they raised my monthly fee from $260 to $420 which is ridiculous and not worth it considering the extra drive time etc. They said they plan on doing a ton of upgrades but my buddy who lives in Walden and used to store his boat there said they just have new owners so trying to rape anyone they can to get back their money as quick as they can. Anyone have recommendations on who I should call? Was with Lake view in the late 90's but haven't been back since because was told they are really proud of their facility so not to waste my time. On their site the have a 12 x 40 for $285, I think I can fit in a 35' stall so if 200-225 a month it may be worth it for 6 day a week 11 hour a day service. Called Palms and EZ boat storage but they all want year contracts, don't mind that but my boat has been out of service since Sept so if they think they are gonna charge me for a unit I'm not gonna be using they are crazy. With the contract that would be 2,500 I'm giving them for free to not use their facility, there has to be some place around here who are good people and not crooks or scam artists. I know its hard to find good people in the boating industry but does anyone know of a reputable storage facility up here? Worse case scenario ill keep at a unit 3 miles from the lake for $80 a month and just tow back and forth but I hate the hassle.
Old 06-01-2016, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call Ken Milstead he has a great storage.

Milstead Glass (936) 321-3300
Old 06-08-2016, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

I was at Lakeview for 15 years. I had enuff, moved last year. My Arabian is at Lakeside Landing now. Couldn’t be happier.
Old 06-10-2016, 11:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by VDrive Nova24
I was at Lakeview for 15 years. I had enuff, moved last year. My Arabian is at Lakeside Landing now. Couldn’t be happier.
What was issue with Lakeview? I know a ton of people left Walden because of their huge price increase with nothing to show for it...Tell me about Lakeside Landing, do they have 40' stalls?
Old 06-11-2016, 09:51 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Do you need/want to be on the lake? Ive been at Stor More in 50' shed for years.(lots of room for extra toys) Nice new stalls, big doors, great lighting, gated. 200yds South of Lakeview across 105. $185/mo 936-523-0812
Old 06-13-2016, 09:04 AM
Registered

I live 20 minutes from the lake so go out 3-4x a week during the season, prefer to be on lake only becuase I go out so often. For the 40-65 monthly price jump its worth it to me not including the money saved on launch fees