So when are we going BOATING!?

Notices

So when are we going BOATING!?

Old 02-26-2005, 09:00 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default So when are we going BOATING!?

Guys and Gals,
So who's the first MCPA members to get wet? Anybody going this weekend (2-26/27)? Not me, gotta work.
BUT, next weekend (3-5/6) is a possibilty, unless the fun police (the bride) or weatherman screws me. Who else is up for a cruise?
Regards,
Steve
Old 02-26-2005, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: So when are we going BOATING!?

Burrrrrrrrrrrr! It's still cold dude! Think about the wind chill, you see 80+ mile per hour winds.
Old 02-26-2005, 10:04 AM
Registered

Rob, Sounds like you're not going to be the 1st MCPA member out............Maybe Eric and I already have, come to think of it. We took my boat boat out during the Holidays........can't remember the exact date.
I also used to take open bass boats out in the late winter and early spring and cruise around at 90+, so riding comfortably down in an offshore behind a windshield, seems absolutely luxurious to me. Maybe a little antifreeze would help too.
Regards,
Steve
Old 02-26-2005, 10:59 AM
Registered

That's right, you and Eric have been out already. Now it's no big deal so I don't feel like such a WOOS.
Old 02-26-2005, 09:48 PM

if i can ever get mine out of the paint shop, i will put mine in immediately, i usually go in on Feb 28th every year. if there is a boating weekend coming up on old hickory, dont forget about the kentucky boy... I'm there steve....
Old 02-27-2005, 08:31 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Steve, I keep saying this every year......if the boat is running next febraury, I am going out! Here...I am this year....boat parts in two states again........it just seemed logical, while I had the transom assembly off for hull repair to take the other engine out to paint the bilge. Motors ran perfect all season...put almost 80 hours on them. While they were in the floor, I started thinking since they are out, I need to put whipples on them.....now the drives are in the floor, I might as well change all of that......This is a really bizaar hobby.....my boat is playing Jedi Mind Tricks on me and getting away with it. Look for me at the red light with a bucket asking for donations.
Old 02-28-2005, 11:04 PM
Registered

I hear you John. Boats are a lot like women, they can be the source of a lot of pleasure, or a lot of pain. But once you've had one, you're hooked for life. I know I am (on both ).
My winter projects, not NEARLY as extensive as your's, are done, so I'm itching to hit the pond, and see the results.
At least, you have that killer shop to work on your toy .
When are you going to have it back together? How's BG's new toy coming along?
Oh yeah, sounds like some of the usual suspects hit the lake this weekend, so they got the jump on everybody.
Regards,
Steve

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 02-28-2005 at 11:08 PM.
Old 03-01-2005, 11:26 AM

Brian and I are ready now.....I am dying to get out there! Let us know when the date of the first launch. B's got the Outlaw ready to go, all we got to do is dump it in the water. Hoorah for closed cooling systems! Farris Family is RTG!!!!
Old 03-01-2005, 09:25 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Steve Zuckerman
I hear you John. Boats are a lot like women, they can be the source of a lot of pleasure, or a lot of pain. But once you've had one, you're hooked for life. I know I am (on both ).
My winter projects, not NEARLY as extensive as your's, are done, so I'm itching to hit the pond, and see the results.
At least, you have that killer shop to work on your toy .
When are you going to have it back together? How's BG's new toy coming along?
Oh yeah, sounds like some of the usual suspects hit the lake this weekend, so they got the jump on everybody.
Regards,
Steve
I hear you....I am hooked on both also. As for the winter project, I will be glad when those stop and all I am doing is waxing during the cold months......this last one did not start off as an option....IE LC poker run. The shop has really been a blessing....lord knows I never thought it would see this much action this soon. I am still 6 weeks out on installation...waiting on 3.3 whipples and some machine work....the big motors are at nortech but they are behind on rigging. I think it is another 4 to 5 weeks on that project as well. What kind of increase have you seen with the chiller?
Old 03-01-2005, 10:04 PM
Registered

John,
A LOT! Some of this was probably freshening up the blower, and some of it was ideal conditions (cool air, cold water, light load, new blueprinted Hydromotive P5-X). But my boost was off a little due to the increased plenum area, and I was all over the limter @ 5800, so I think this thing's for real .
In hindsight, this is the perfect application for an intercooler,
relatively small blower on a fairly large motor, creating a lot of heat.
I think you will be VERY pleaed with the 3.3s and intercoolers.
Regards,
Steve
PS If you see Bruce before I do, reserve me a ride on his rocketship!
PS #2 Gameover1stmate, so how's the weather looking for this weekend?

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 03-02-2005 at 05:31 PM.

Quick Reply: So when are we going BOATING!?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.