Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Southeast US
Anyone have or know a rental on Allatoona? >

Anyone have or know a rental on Allatoona?

Notices

Anyone have or know a rental on Allatoona?

Old 07-26-2008, 09:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have or know a rental on Allatoona?

Does anyone have or know a decent place to rent for a week on Allatoona with a decent dock for rent?
Old 07-28-2008, 03:33 PM
JnT
Registered

Holiday Harbor rents cabins. Red Top Mtn State park does too.
I don't thing you will get a dock right off the front porch but I'm sure you can keep it in a slip at either marina.
We sometimes camp at Mckinney Campground way in the back of the cove and I have anchored the boat off the bow and tied the stern off to a tree overnite a few times with no problems.
Only thing is tracking dirt and mud into the boat.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:50 PM
Registered

Thanks for the reply. I kindda figured the info I got from the marinas today would be the case. No covered slips available whatsoever. I'm not to keen on leaving my boat out in the elements for a week.

Holiday Harbor did offer to let me tie-up at the fueldock if I rented a cabin but not keen on that idea as well.

I guess I could call the marina at Redtop and see if they have any slips. I kindda doubt it though because I imagine a few boats have migrated over from Lanier.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pachanga
Thanks for the reply. I kindda figured the info I got from the marinas today would be the case. No covered slips available whatsoever. I'm not to keen on leaving my boat out in the elements for a week.

Holiday Harbor did offer to let me tie-up at the fueldock if I rented a cabin but not keen on that idea as well.

I guess I could call the marina at Redtop and see if they have any slips. I kindda doubt it though because I imagine a few boats have migrated over from Lanier.
holiday has a dock by the cabins. they call it a community dock but we were there last weekend and never saw anyone else use it. the cabins are a dump but all we wanted was a place to bath and sleep. if you rent at holiday try to get cabin 5 it is the closest to the dock and you can actually see your boat at all times.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:16 PM
Registered

Thanks lakespeed, good tip. Well...Park Marina will rent a slip @ $/ft per day. Redtop is pretty well booked through the weekend. Might just go up Weds -Fri this week....better than nothing.

Originally Posted by lake speed
holiday has a dock by the cabins. they call it a community dock but we were there last weekend and never saw anyone else use it. the cabins are a dump but all we wanted was a place to bath and sleep. if you rent at holiday try to get cabin 5 it is the closest to the dock and you can actually see your boat at all times.