Anna Maria Island (Boat Rentals) >

Anna Maria Island (Boat Rentals)

Notices

Anna Maria Island (Boat Rentals)

Old 12-07-2009, 07:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CIG3
We'll be on Coconut Ave, on Anna Maria. Couple blocks north of the SandBar. three houses from the beach. I'm already getting my handheld GPS loaded up with some of your suggestions. WE may to a couple days of boating. The kids are all excited to see dolphins and manatee. If you know of any hot spots for them that would be great. The Seafood Shack is a must stop. My wife is a Mahi nut.

Thanks
Still plenty of dolphins around but Manatees ran away from the cold water. Water temp is only around 70 degrees.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:50 PM
Registered

dolphin are usually easy to find. down after the seafood shack by the sand bars i mentiond, they are by the long boat bridge a lot. heading from the island towards egg mont key, towards the right of EMK (forget the name now) it runs in between the sky way and EMK, there are always dolphin in that area.. other then that, just keep and eye out.

there is another place that is a great stop by boat. if you go past sea food shack, towards the sand bar. head like you are going under long boat bridge. right befor you get there banf a left and kind of hug the bridge, its almost like a horse shoe to get threw that spot. head towards bridge, turn left, follow close to bridge then bang a left agian, that gets you around the sand bar. its no wake. stay right after the sand bars and go a few hundred feet. on the right you will see a few boats docked and on morings. follow that in. public docks right there in front of you. its called the margate, great out door covered place to eat. great mahi, great chowda, great stop.

sand bar would be a great place for you to take the old lady right befor sunset, best sunset spot (besides out on the boat with a bottle of wine) great spot. sat or sunday, be sure to go to cafe on the beach!!!!!! all you can eat pancakes and sasage, best around!!! (they have other food as well) it is right on the beach, great breakfast spot. that is located next to the surf shop, if you come down off mannitie ave from the bridge you will bare right to go to your place. go straight at the lights, that will be there parking lot.

let me know what you like, i will fill you in!!
Old 12-09-2009, 06:34 PM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

How deep is the water through the intercoastal in the area? How careful do you have to be?
Old 12-09-2009, 07:04 PM
Registered

Intercoatal is fine! Two feet in either direction, OH.....! If the boat has a GPS with charts built in its easy. Just go slow and follow the markers real close. Dont mistake Manatee zone signs as markers! (its a common mistake here) You will run aground quickley. The water is pretty clear so if your going slow you can see where you can and cant go.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bigboat28
How deep is the water through the intercoastal in the area? How careful do you have to be?
i'll put it this way, if my fathers big boat sank just about anyplace around his place and you where standing on the fly bridge, your feet would not get wet. lol
in the marked channel its not unlikely to see 2-3 feet under the boat!! scarry as hell for me being from mass. if im running my boat and see 10-15 feet i start to get scared. i was running my dads 40 footer that draws 4+ feet and we are going, i backed off when i saw 6 feet on the finder!! my old man said, its fine, you aint seen nothing yet. he was right.2-3 feet on the finder. lol scarry!!!!

good part on a small boat, its all sand. you run aground, jump into the warm water put the motor up and walk it off
Old 12-15-2009, 04:41 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a hand held GPS that I'll bring along to keep us pointed in the right direction and mark a few places that NOYZEE suggested. Egmont Key, and such. Should be ok in the shallow waters. Can't be much worse than down in the Keys... I Hope...
Old 12-17-2009, 08:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by CIG3
I have a hand held GPS that I'll bring along to keep us pointed in the right direction and mark a few places that NOYZEE suggested. Egmont Key, and such. Should be ok in the shallow waters. Can't be much worse than down in the Keys... I Hope...
running out to EM you wont have an issue. going around EM you have to be carefull, but again the water is warm and its all sand.
around the back side of EM there is one spot you need to be very carfull. its all rock/dive site etc, im sure your GPS will show it. if your going slow you cant miss it. other then that its good.
going around the tip of the island out to the gulf is a tad tricky but again, going slow you can accually see the spots to take, or you can go way outside. running the IC be sure to stay in the marks, its shallow out side real fast. lol
Old 12-17-2009, 02:27 PM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Noyzee where is the rock dive site on the back side of the key. We went snorkling around that little pier/dock on the intercoastal side and also around those big rocks on the gulf side.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:03 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bigboat28
Noyzee where is the rock dive site on the back side of the key. We went snorkling around that little pier/dock on the intercoastal side and also around those big rocks on the gulf side.
yes, its on the gulf side. if your facing EM from anna maria side its the left corner. you can go infront of it or behind it, but not threw it!! lots of dive boats go out there. tours and stuff. theres old tunnles and stuff. back in the day we used to go into the tunnles, but thats when i was young and didnt care about getting in trouble or didnt think they where 100's of years old and could cave at any time. lol
Old 12-28-2009, 04:13 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Had a blast. Did lunch at Rotten Ralphs one afternoon, which was a quick scooter ride from the hose. Beautiful Vikings to look at also.

Rented the boat on Wednesday, headed out LongBoat Cut and up to explored Egmot Key, very cool. On the way back we saw at least 50 dolphin feeding came right up to the boat, kids loved it. Headed into Anna maria sound to Cortez bbridge for lunch at Seafoos Shack which was pretty good, place was empty. From there we headed back out the cut and down to New pass between Longboat and lido key. Checke dout the awesome houses stopped for a cold one at The Salty Dog along with some fuel for the boat.

Only real trouble I had was finding my way to the channel after the Salty Dog. I only had two beers so that wasn't it. Markers were none existant heading north until you were in trouble. A quick dredge thru a swallow area and we were back in business.

Thanks for all the pointers for the trip. We will definalely head back there again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.