Notices

Lehigh acres?

Old 02-01-2011, 05:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

punta gorda is still kinda a sleepy retirerment area.lots of canals...
rotunda matlacha lemon bay .there are still some old florida areas around here..
Old 02-02-2011, 08:47 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by n20michael
Thanks for the reply!

Square footage: Wouldn't have to be "huge" as it would only be 3 or 4 people, although I assume with a place "down South" I would soon find friends/family coming out of the woodwork, I would say anything around 2000-2500 sq feet would be more than enough. I think they just dont want to look at 350sq foot condo's, beyond that they are pretty open.

Price: well, I understand thats the same "everywhere" its Location, Location, Location, I know "up here" I see what people pay for tiny, run down "fixer uppers" in a particular neighbourhood is insane compared to what you can buy a NICE place for in a slightly less "impressive" zip code, thats not to say its in a dangerous or "low rent" district, its just not as prestigious, which is fine by me.

I would want something on a canal or river, that allowed me to get to open water, I realize anyting directly on the Gulf or Ocean will be HUGE money, but, something either close. Or: something with a nearby marina and/or boat lauch that I could keep my boat at in a slip [if reasonable] or just launch and retrieve after day trips.

Budget is dependate on the house, folks would probably spend "more" than they wanted for a really, really good deal, but, I think they are looking in the 130-170 area, again, it would depend on how good a deal it is, and how high taxes would be, homeowners fees, stuff like that.

Hope thats enough info to get ya started, if you see anything that might work, let me know, Thanks!

Michael
Well,

Homes can be had out west for your price range in your sq footage requirement, but will NOT be on a navigable canal to get to open waters. Marina's anywhere will not be cheap, you basically have a few choices to make........

Condo on water in price range
House out west and a truck/trailer in price range
Spend more $$

Not saying that you wont find a place on the water, but it may need some upgrades.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

forget anything in the 130-170k range in south florida on ocean side anywhere near water. At least not anything you want to live in.