Notices

Jupiter Florida

Old 03-01-2011, 04:46 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Enforcer2
I was concerned with same thing as I found some really nice homes in Tequesta, right on the line. The listings show the Middle school and High Schools (which I am interested in) as Jupiter Middle and High. Like you guys mentioned Tequesta is in Martin County.

When talking to a local realtor, she stated that some of the MArtin Coutny Schools do feed into Palm BEach County.

She also mentioned that even if you are not in the school district of choice, you can apply to have your child attend one of the choice schools if GPA permit; from what she said they actually recruit. I am a little nervous about this though. I like a sure thing and I dont want to risk something like this to find out it can't happen.

For High School the request has to be made at start of 8th grade year.

Other than Tequesta, Egret landing as Jupiter Sensation mentioned is most likely the place I will end up.

Thanks again for all the great positive info. I can't wait to visit this month as our hopes our high for Jupiter and it being everything we have researched.

Just a lot of things that have to happen on this end first...we have 2 years to do this before my oldest of three starts High School so we have some time.....but not much. ...anyone lookn to buy my waterfront home in Ocean Pines...Boat included!

Most of Tequesta is in Palm Beach County.....the goofy part is the zip code 33469. 33469 jumps north of Countyline road which can be Jupiter or Tequesta but also Martin County.

Hey Enforcer when looking in Egret be sure to have the realtor show you the boat storage area.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 24 Posts

My kids went to Independance Middle School in Abacoa and Jupiter High School off of Military Trail. Both were good schools..
Old 03-01-2011, 10:34 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

There are advantages to being in PB Country. Jupiter has some great accessible shoreline, parks, very nice town. My father lived in Juno Beach oceanside, and it was fantastic to be able to walk or bike from there all the way to the end of Jupiter along the water.

In most counties, the gazillion dollar views are not nearly that accessible, but their taxes are lower. I think PBC is worth the extra.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:31 AM
Registered

Location: Ocean Pines, Maryland. Wish I was at MANGOS in MIAMI!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Most of Tequesta is in Palm Beach County.....the goofy part is the zip code 33469. 33469 jumps north of Countyline road which can be Jupiter or Tequesta but also Martin County.

Hey Enforcer when looking in Egret be sure to have the realtor show you the boat storage area.

Nice...I will I was just wondering about that hopefully my boat will be gone by then and I can start on the next project!

I also see that Egret has some restrictions on vehicles, same as where I live now so not really bothered by it, sometimes a good thing. ... Do they allow SUV's I know that sounds crazy but I have heard that some communities don't allow suvs.

Also any empty lots left in that school district area that serves Jupiter High School?

Thx again everyone for all the good info....., what about the negatives..I did grow up in Suburbs of Washington D.C. and I am in L.E. so I am very famaliar with problems associated with living near the big city..Jupiter seems far enough away from Miami ( too far from MANGOS!!!) and Ft Laurderdale but I know there are some issues in the surronding area.

... !! P.S. I am extremely excited to see that there is an Italian Feast every year in Abacoa Center. ..especially important being 100% first generation italiano..this is great!!

Last edited by Enforcer2; 03-01-2011 at 11:36 AM.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Enforcer2
Nice...I will I was just wondering about that hopefully my boat will be gone by then and I can start on the next project!

I also see that Egret has some restrictions on vehicles, same as where I live now so not really bothered by it, sometimes a good thing. ... Do they allow SUV's I know that sounds crazy but I have heard that some communities don't allow suvs.

Also any empty lots left in that school district area that serves Jupiter High School?

Thx again everyone for all the good info....., what about the negatives..I did grow up in Suburbs of Washington D.C. and I am in L.E. so I am very famaliar with problems associated with living near the big city..Jupiter seems far enough away from Miami ( too far from MANGOS!!!) and Ft Laurderdale but I know there are some issues in the surronding area.

... !! P.S. I am extremely excited to see that there is an Italian Feast every year in Abacoa Center. ..especially important being 100% first generation italiano..this is great!!
Lauderdale is 55-60 miles away, Miami 90-100 so not a terrible ride for a special occasion (wouldn't want to commute daily).

Sadly the Italianfest is a complete embarrassment (think of leftover pizza, spaghetti O's being sold from hot dog carts).

Egret is ok on vehicles....SUVs/pickups ok, just no duallies, no lettered vehicles, no work vehicles (ladder racks, etc). No boats/bikes/RV's left outside but to be fair most of the town of Jupiter has similar restrictions.

Empty lots are still around but in most cases if they didn't sell in the boom of 2004-06 it was because they were overpriced even back then. Now the owners are still trying to get the money they wanted back in 04-06 which is double what it is worth now! You are better off buying built homes, they are cheaper than if you built new today. House prices plummeted but construction costs have stayed pretty consistent.

Last edited by Jupiter Sunsation; 03-01-2011 at 01:52 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-01-2011, 01:52 PM
Registered

Negatives on Jupiter:
1. Taxes are high. 400K house can have a $8,000 a year tax bill.
2. 3,000+ illegal migrants that live off center street (in the boom no one cared, they were needed labor, now they are a nuisance/drain on area resources). Been known to live 10 per 2 bedroom apartment. Most crime is against other migrants (drunk/disorderly type stuff).
3. Lack of jobs. Scripps (science lab) just moved here but if you aren't a biology star you aren't working there. We are service driven, not a lot of high paying jobs in town. Many commute to West Palm or further south
4. Surrounding areas can be rough (Riviera Beach, Mangonia Park, West Palm) are just 10-20 miles away. Some spillover crime (purse snatching, robberies, car theft type stuff) happens here and they flee back there.

I have lived here 10 years and moved from Boca Raton before this (18 years there). Boca and Jupiter are opposite ends of the county but have many of the same attributes. Jupiter is what Boca was 30 years ago ( lots of city involvment in planned development, younger town, lots of new homes, heavy open space conservation both waterfron and inland).

In the Jupiter High School parking lot you will see 16 year old kids with $50,000 cars, not the norm but not the exception either.
Old 03-01-2011, 02:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by db71
Ok I was wrong or should I say the school districts computer was wrong when I called to verify several address in the moorings they said yes in jupiter but when I called the school they said not in their district now when we called they relied on a "system" to tell them but it was wrong I geuss anyway long story short it apperars that no part of martin county goes to jupiter so anyone who says that is relying on a flawed computer system luckily we had not completly commited to this house so we have options but if anyone tells you that martin county goes to jupiter they are relying on a flawed system. jupiter I am sorry I argued with you
hey man, no sweat just glad you found out before signing on the dotted line! No county wants to give up their tax money especially if they have to pay another school to take a few kids. The cut-off is right where the Moorings starts, so any of those communities south of the Moorings is back in Limestone district. Just don't buy any wood frame houses, some of those older neighborhoods have lots of them (bugs, fire, windstorm, resale are all trouble). Some of the communties have no fire hydrants which means your property insurance will be out of sight (no hydrants, well water means houses will burn to the ground before they get put out). I know a guy that bought a wood frame 7500 sq ft house on 20 acres for 3MM and couldn't get any property insurance due to lack of windstorm protection, no hydrants meant no fire protection and no one wanted to insure it. Luckily he is rich, he simply went un-insured.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:03 PM
Registered

Location: Ocean Pines, Maryland. Wish I was at MANGOS in MIAMI!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for all the info JS Ill definelty get up with u. Sea Ya Soon TOny!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.