Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Southeast US
Boating in the greater Atlanta area. >

Boating in the greater Atlanta area.

Notices

Boating in the greater Atlanta area.

Old 03-05-2011, 04:46 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts

We moved down here to Lawerenceville last summer and love this area! Only 11 miles to the lake!!!

We came from the Huntely and Elgin IL area.

One of the offices I work out of is in Forest Park down by the airport and usually it will take an hour or so in pretty heavy traffic. But if there is a decent insuance seminar going on, it has taken close to and hour and 40 mins!

i figured I would rather drive the distance during the week and have the short drive to go play on the weekends.

We didnt want to have to make an hour drive home after being in the sun all day!

Another buddy of mine and his wife just moved down here from crystal Lake IL and he is itching to get out on the lake with his boat as well.

All I can say is this honey do list sucks and summer better start soon because I am tired of yard work!
Old 03-05-2011, 05:43 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live on the North end of Lake Lanier. I grew up here and it's a great place to live. Check out Gainesville , Ga and the time has never been better to own a lake home.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a house in vinnings/smyrna and looking for land or place up near cumming or anywhere near Lanier.. Pretty sure bringing the slingshot down once motors are finished up in NY...
Old 03-07-2011, 09:32 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by hotnicks187

I think Keith might be a little light in his times pending when you would have to get into the office - if you had to travel around rush hr times. Guys I work with (office is in Perimeter area) live in Cumming and they have 45 mins to an hr every day I believe.

He's a sales guy... This means he probably works from a home office, doesnt wake up till 9 or 10AM and is on the golf course by 3PM.

Joking aside, Atlanta traffic was never an issue as I left well before or well after the busy hours. I have no idea how people can drive to work in that stuff every day.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:04 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Keith Atlanta
He's a sales guy... This means he probably works from a home office, doesnt wake up till 9 or 10AM and is on the golf course by 3PM.

Joking aside, Atlanta traffic was never an issue as I left well before or well after the busy hours. I have no idea how people can drive to work in that stuff every day.
Do you really have to wait till 3:00. Lol....
Old 03-08-2011, 11:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hotnicks187
I think your city in your profile is outside Chi-town so you may be used to the traffic. I store at Vann's Tavern on Lake Lanier and live in the Vinnings/Smyrna area and it is an hr each way on Sat or Sun to our little resin bucket.

I think Keith might be a little light in his times pending when you would have to get into the office - if you had to travel around rush hr times. Guys I work with (office is in Perimeter area) live in Cumming and they have 45 mins to an hr every day I believe.

The wife and I have been in the ATL about a yr via Charlotte. Lake Lanier is all we have been on here and it is big, clear wide open lake. We were on Lake Norman for 3 yrs and grew up on Erie. My biggest b*tch about the lake is that there is no dining or bars on the lake. The one spot to go to is very cool though - Sunset Cove.

That was me - old user name as i had forgot my new password if you were wondering why Canton, OH listed still.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by rbr2328
Have you tried Fishtales or the bar at Port Royale?
Port Royal = yes

Fishtales = will be there as soon as I get the vessel wet. Web site looks great and I think exactly what the wife and I were looking for.

LKN had about 7 places you coudl hit so I might be coming from a very unique place.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
Definitely Lanier.
I lived in Young Deere area for a few years. It's a bit farther out between exits 16-17 from Ga 400. Now I have been looking in the exit 14-15 areas. Ga hgwy 20 and Bald Ridge.
I can't tell you how great it's been having Tiffiney(rbr's wife) help out. It a HUGE plus having someone that not only knows real estate but that knows THE LAKE.
During the warm months I get up every other weekend from Ft. Lauderdale. I wouldn't miss it for anything. Atlanta will be my home 8 months a year starting in 2014 or so.
Let me know if I can help, and see you this Summer.

Greg
And Greg helped me find the little place that I store my boat. He knows whats up.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by kaje
I have a house in vinnings/smyrna and looking for land or place up near cumming or anywhere near Lanier.. Pretty sure bringing the slingshot down once motors are finished up in NY...
Thats where I live too. We liked being very close to the city.

The drive to Vann's Tavern is about 45 mins - 1 hr for us each way on the weekends. But, I don't have the 400 mess every day as I have to be at my office in permeter.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Keith Atlanta

Now that's good.

I drive 12 miles to and from the office. Can take 18 mins up to 1 hr. I have been making the commute and living in the greater ATL area about 10 months.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.