Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Southeast US
Florida Const Jobs?? Help... >

Florida Const Jobs?? Help...

Notices

Florida Const Jobs?? Help...

Old 05-12-2011, 06:27 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Don't come to Florida without a lock on a job. I have been here since 1976 and never dreamed I would see anything like this.

I am a licenced GC and Fire Sprinkler Contractor (38 years) and ended up merging my sprinkler business with a strong Fire Alarm Contractor...smartest thing I could have done. The opportunities here are in the service and maintenance business on the commercial side with some spillover to residential.

On the bright side...if you can posture yourself to be ready for the next boom you will do very well. Believe me...it's comming. I talk to property owners and developers as well as Architects and Engineers I know and they have an explosion of work in the pipeline. The deal is that everyone with money is waiting untill after the 2012 election to see if we can get somebody pro business in the White House. When we do...there is so much bottled up desire that this whole state will explode.

This is Florida....everybody in the world that gets a taste of this wants a piece of it. As long as it's 8 degrees in Boston in February and 80 in West Palm Beach...people will spend their money here.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the advice. That's what I'm trying to do, hence... my wife one way, me round trip. I do enjoy the sunshine state, but am pretty well rooted here and moving out of nesessity. Idk who the hell knows what will happen. Thanks, good luck to you.......