Orginized Functions for Smaller Boats in Central FL

Notices

Orginized Functions for Smaller Boats in Central FL

Old 02-08-2012, 07:34 AM
Registered

Received 1,819 Likes on 711 Posts
Default Oop's...

Originally Posted by jlbspd
As for the original topic (dont want a bunch of peeps not to read on because we got a wee bit off topic HAHA )
Sorry about that. Didn't mean to Hi-Jack your thread.
We live in a perfect area for a similar event as well.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No hi jacking issues LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great info and greatly appriciated!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well if we were able to somehow, someway organize small groups East to West, even North to South....and then have a el~grande meet up somewhere, some weekend, I think that would be awsome....seems pretty difficult to actually make these things happen but why not dream right!

Last edited by jlbspd; 02-08-2012 at 07:46 AM.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:00 AM
Registered

Default I've done several......

No hi jacking issues LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great info and greatly appriciated!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well if we were able to somehow, someway organize small groups East to West, even North to South....and then have a el~grande meet up somewhere, some weekend, I think that would be awsome....seems pretty difficult to actually make these things happen but why not dream right!
(very successfully) for the small boats up north. (google "Rumble on the River")
One of the major problems is almost no one fully grasps the amount of work involved in pulling off a successful event. Even harder to get/retain the many needed volunteers.
One year that I had a website I had a separate page for volunteers to be able to sign up for specific duties that I needed help on.
Ended up with 9 or 10 a couple mnths out. At event time....., not a single one showed up.
Been thinking of doing something similar here since moving here 5 yrs ago but above keeps me pretty quiet
Old 02-08-2012, 08:14 AM
Registered

I think if for starters, just loose meet ups, fun runs to local waterside restaurants etc....get a core of dedicated guys and gals who enjoy this activity then slowly but surely develope plans for a meet. Lately I have really been drawn towards helping others....through volunteer / charities....I thought what better way to raise $ (any amount is truely helpful) for a good cause than to combine what I love (boating) with a goal. The opportunity to give something back to people less fortunate is worth the effort it takes to do this...new friendships, the smiles of peoples faces you can help out....thats a gift in itself.
Anywho....enough with my deep heart felt story lol
Old 02-08-2012, 09:24 AM
Registered

Default Works for me.

I think if for starters, just loose meet ups, fun runs to local waterside restaurants etc....get a core of dedicated guys and gals who enjoy this activity then slowly but surely develope plans for a meet. Lately I have really been drawn towards helping others....through volunteer / charities....I thought what better way to raise $ (any amount is truely helpful) for a good cause than to combine what I love (boating) with a goal. The opportunity to give something back to people less fortunate is worth the effort it takes to do this...new friendships, the smiles of peoples faces you can help out....thats a gift in itself.
Anywho....enough with my deep heart felt story lol
Be easy enough to do one here, there, in the keys and even in central/northern Fla.
Plenty to do/see over here.

On giving back, I hooked up w/the local chapter of Make a Wish for our gig. Had them bring the kids down for boat rides and then after an auction we gave them a check for almost $9K.
Definitely a life changing experience.
Hot Boat did a 7 page story on us that yr.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:32 AM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
I agree with Twin above, check out screamandfly, I run a 24 pantera with an outboard, but there are always a few I/O boats on our runs. Many runs a year from the suwanee to the keys. Doing River ranch in April, you should check it out.
River Ranch might be the best small sized boat party of the year. It is a little unorganized but still alot of fun. Everything is all one place (Marina, Boat Ramp, Resturante, Salon, Hotel).
Old 02-08-2012, 09:58 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Maritime_Eng
River Ranch might be the best small sized boat party of the year. It is a little unorganized but still alot of fun. Everything is all one place (Marina, Boat Ramp, Resturante, Salon, Hotel).
Ya know I like unorganized Yer gonna be there right? I am probably gonna put a Keys run together also, not too long after River Ranch
Old 02-08-2012, 11:25 AM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
Ya know I like unorganized Yer gonna be there right? I am probably gonna put a Keys run together also, not too long after River Ranch
We will be there for River Ranch and should be able to make the Keys Run.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:07 PM
Registered

Im going to look this River Ranch deal up...unorganized isnt alway a bad thing lol
Old 02-08-2012, 02:14 PM
Registered

Default Have been several times.

Im going to look this River Ranch deal up...unorganized isnt alway a bad thing lol
Mostly 17' - 20' O/B's. Their ramp is a challenge for anything over 22' or so.
On route 60 about 30 mls west of Rt 95 on the east coast. Straight west from Vero Beach. River Ranch is the name of the establishment. There is one coming up in April.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.