Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Southeast US
Orginized Functions for Smaller Boats in Central FL >

Orginized Functions for Smaller Boats in Central FL

Notices

Orginized Functions for Smaller Boats in Central FL

Old 02-08-2012, 02:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok gotcha Sonic....would it be worth the effort for river ranch...mostly O/B you say...as this is the first time Ive heard anything about it.
Well I started a photo thread in the general boating discussion category for use guys who have boats 25' and under to post up pics....would be great if anyone this pertains to would post up....just cool to see what everyone else is floating around in
Old 02-08-2012, 02:50 PM
Registered

Received 1,825 Likes on 714 Posts
Default doubt it.

Originally Posted by jlbspd
Ok gotcha Sonic....would it be worth the effort for river ranch...mostly O/B you say...as this is the first time Ive heard anything about it.
Very cool place but again, mostly smaller boats. Saturday morning everyone leaves dock, goes 1/2 a mile and pulls along the shore line of the river to watch people make passes. After a couple hrs of that we run across Lake Kissimee (10 mls) and into the mouth of the river and pull up on the shore line and do the same thing for the rest of the day. Some gorgeous, way fast O/B's but that's the jest of it.
Some people actually boat but most do above.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:51 PM
Registered

I've been a hole bunch of times it never get's old
http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...12-Info-threadhttp://www.screamandfly.com/gallery/...y.php?cat=3241
http://www.screamandfly.com/gallery/...y.php?cat=3189

http://www.screamandfly.com/gallery/...y.php?cat=3168
http://www.screamandfly.com/gallery/...y.php?cat=3135

Last edited by manateemauler; 02-08-2012 at 05:58 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:26 PM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Twin O/B Sonic
Mostly 17' - 20' O/B's. Their ramp is a challenge for anything over 22' or so.
On route 60 about 30 mls west of Rt 95 on the east coast. Straight west from Vero Beach. River Ranch is the name of the establishment. There is one coming up in April.
I have launched my 30 Motion there a few times with no issues at all. Has a friend with a 32 Skater that was there last year and he was also fine.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:02 PM
Registered

I used to hang out with my brother years ago when he did that, he was on ScreamandFly a lot, I even was part of it for a little while but forgot my screen name. Kissimmee used to have a boat-a-cade years ago that was fun. I don't think they have done it in a while now. We need to get something going for the I/B crowd in this area. (and I need to finish my boat!)
Old 03-29-2012, 01:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CC230
I used to hang out with my brother years ago when he did that, he was on ScreamandFly a lot, I even was part of it for a little while but forgot my screen name. Kissimmee used to have a boat-a-cade years ago that was fun. I don't think they have done it in a while now. We need to get something going for the I/B crowd in this area. (and I need to finish my boat!)
Who is your brother? I think I know who your talking about.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:34 AM
Registered

Skip.
Old 03-30-2012, 06:07 PM
Registered

Default Skip is...

Skip.
a great friend of mine and is sorely missed down here in our boating circle. He was the Godfather of the Sun Shine Syndicate.

He, Wendy and your Mom weathered one of our hurricanes in my old house over in Cape Coral! I was busy moving my dumb ass back to Ohio to prep for round two down here and hid the keys for them so they could run from a hurricane headed their way after being hit by the previous one.
Next time you talk to Skip, ask him about getting drunk and jumping off the balcony into the pool at a rental I had in the Cape There is video of it some where.
Skip was always one of the nicest people to me while I struggled to get my act together to move here. Always treated me like a brother.

We still swap e-mails.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:57 PM
Registered

Yup, that's him, and one of my best frinds, Brian aka "Shore Pounder" = )
Old 04-01-2012, 05:26 AM
Registered

Default Dude........

Yup, that's him, and one of my best frinds, Brian aka "Shore Pounder" = )
I thought you and Joy were up in Georgia or similar?

You guys were also on my short list for always having open arms for this dumb, broke hill billy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.