Notices

Marco Island

Old 01-09-2013, 09:12 AM
Registered

Received 743 Likes on 401 Posts
Default Marco Island

How fat do I have to stuff my wallet in terms of meals/drinks/entertainment for a week on Marco Island in late April/early May? Last May I spent a week in Clearwater and everything was reasonably priced. Just want to be prepared if I pull the trigger. Thanks!
Old 01-09-2013, 11:38 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We've only lived in this area for three months and only been down to Marco just once, but I would add 10-15% to anything you do down here, it's beautiful and we love it, but there's nothing I would call cheap.

Have fun.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:14 PM
Registered

I see you made the move from LOTO. Do you still have property in MO or did you make a clean break?

I used to stay in Ft. Meyers Beach as a teenager in the 70's and have been to Naples as recently as 2005 but have not spent time on Marco. Wife is looking for somewhere new to explore.

Thanks!
Old 01-09-2013, 02:56 PM
wgg
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The Marriott resort is a nice place Need to go down to The Little Bar in Gooding for drinks and dinner one night Lee Bee Fish is a great little seafood rest. Younger than Naples but not much cheaper but April/May not as bad
Old 01-09-2013, 03:07 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Marriot is good place to hang out. Snook is nice for lunch on the patio by the water. It is a bit pricey on Marco, as stated above 10-15% above average. During peak season it is busy, lunch/dinner hours especially. Not a ton of night life though, calms right down after 8pm. Only been there in February so can't say if it will be busy or not in late April.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:50 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

It is true that you will pay a bit of a premium on Marco along the lines suggested. It's not nicknamed " Markup Island " for no reason. LOL April / May are gorgeous months here. By then the snowbirds are starting to return north and should be no waiting to get into the restaurants. For me the premium is worth it, clean safe, Naples is not far and has lots to offer.

Bob
Old 01-10-2013, 08:58 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
I see you made the move from LOTO. Do you still have property in MO or did you make a clean break?

I used to stay in Ft. Meyers Beach as a teenager in the 70's and have been to Naples as recently as 2005 but have not spent time on Marco. Wife is looking for somewhere new to explore.

Thanks!
Yes, we made it, we don't own anything else at LOTO now, we figured we would try it for a year or two just visiting friends and mooching places to stay and if that doesn't work for us we'll probably go back and buy a condo.
I do still own stuff properrty in St. Louis thought, my kids and family are still there, so we'll still be going back to visit occasionally, you'll love it down here further South, have fun.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 314joey
Yes, we made it, we don't own anything else at LOTO now, we figured we would try it for a year or two just visiting friends and mooching places to stay and if that doesn't work for us we'll probably go back and buy a condo.
I do still own stuff properrty in St. Louis thought, my kids and family are still there, so we'll still be going back to visit occasionally, you'll love it down here further South, have fun.
Plenty of condos and deals to pick from if you change your mind. Heck, by then you might be able to buy all of Atlantis for a song! I cringe every time we pull out of the cove to the main channel and see that sitting in front of us.