Looking to move! >

Looking to move!

Notices

Looking to move!

Old 01-21-2013, 02:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to move!

I currently live in north east Illinois I am looking to move this year to a warmer climate. Atlanta is on the list. Can I get some help on lakes and what kind of Boating is down there.

Thanks for the help
Old 02-21-2013, 06:18 PM
Registered

Im looking in the same area let me know if you hear of anything. Thanks
Old 02-21-2013, 06:22 PM
Registered

http://www.lakelanier.com/
Old 02-21-2013, 09:51 PM
Registered

I am originally from Northern Il. myself. Moved to NC and would never go back. Might want to check out the Charlotte NC area. Lake Norman is very nice. I do miss the snow though. I have to drive 10 hours just to go snowmobiling. Jeff Wurl
Old 02-27-2013, 03:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FastandFun
I currently live in north east Illinois I am looking to move this year to a warmer climate. Atlanta is on the list. Can I get some help on lakes and what kind of Boating is down there.

Thanks for the help
Be careful and wiser than I was when I moved from Michigan to Eastern North Carolina nearly 3 years ago. Although there are many great things in this area, we were very disappointed by the under developed Albemarle Sound, which is the largest fresh water sound in the county. Unlike the Great Lakes there simply are virtually no options for waterfront restaurant / bar destinations. I've heard great things about Lake Norman and have been on Lake Lanier and Lake Hartwell on the GA/SC line. All of these are damned up reservoirs that are brown and murky. Many people enjoy that type of water. I openly admit to be spoiled from the pretty water while boating on the Great Lakes and in the Florida Keys where I owned for 9 years.

We are moving 3/25 to the St. Petersburg / Clearwater area. Good luck with your search.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:02 AM
Registered

Outside of the lack of bars and restaurants what is the sound like for 80 - 100 + boats ? Shallow water ? Drought issues ? Ramp ? Please give me a general feel on the sound say compared to Lake Norman . I have heard Lake Norman is a zoo on weekends

Thanks
Larry