Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Southeast US
Boating spots & Hi/Dry between Tierra Verde & Clearwater? >

Boating spots & Hi/Dry between Tierra Verde & Clearwater?

Notices

Boating spots & Hi/Dry between Tierra Verde & Clearwater?

Old 02-26-2013, 08:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boating spots & Hi/Dry between Tierra Verde & Clearwater?

We're seizing an opportunity to move to the Tampa area. My better half will be working downtown Tampa and would like to keep her drive under 45 minutes. We are looking for a place on the water between Tierra Verde and Clearwater.

We moved from the Great Lakes to the Albemarle Sound a few years ago and are starving for things to do on the water. The limited boating I've done in the Madeira Beach area seemed okay.

I need your thoughts and suggestions on where the "hot spots" are to hang out by water ie: anchorages, beachable spots (I recall a sand bar that had a lot of activity by a place called Billy's?), as well as, decent rack storage facilities that aren't going to beat the boat up. I have a 31 center console. I'm also very open to secure warehouse storage for the boat on the trailer in this general area too.

Are you aware of any waterfront rentals under $1800 / month and / or waterfront homes for sale under $500k?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you may be able to offer.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:35 AM
Registered

The hangout was shell key right by Billy's stone crab in TV
. Unfortantly a land investor kicked the hornets nest nest and got the people run out. So nobody goes there anymore. The are a couple newer hangout places but none as popular or good. People hangout right inside johns pass but it is not nearly as festive. It's late and I will write more later.

Originally Posted by tempted
We're seizing an opportunity to move to the Tampa area. My better half will be working downtown Tampa and would like to keep her drive under 45 minutes. We are looking for a place on the water between Tierra Verde and Clearwater.

We moved from the Great Lakes to the Albemarle Sound a few years ago and are starving for things to do on the water. The limited boating I've done in the Madeira Beach area seemed okay.

I need your thoughts and suggestions on where the "hot spots" are to hang out by water ie: anchorages, beachable spots (I recall a sand bar that had a lot of activity by a place called Billy's?), as well as, decent rack storage facilities that aren't going to beat the boat up. I have a 31 center console. I'm also very open to secure warehouse storage for the boat on the trailer in this general area too.

Are you aware of any waterfront rentals under $1800 / month and / or waterfront homes for sale under $500k?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you may be able to offer.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:29 AM
Registered

Thanks so much for the reply Happy Hours. I'll look forward to hearing more from you as you offered.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:01 AM
Registered

What's the name of the condos or apartments with attached boat house / under cover slip wet storage on the intercoastal (I think might be) between Johns Pass & Shell Key? I recall that it might have a u-shaped basin with boat house type wet storage under or in front of the condo units. Any ideas what the name or location of the place is that I'm thinking about?
Old 02-27-2013, 09:15 AM
Registered

stayed here b4 beautiful place
http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p989214
Old 02-27-2013, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your looking for indoor warehouse storage, let me know. I rent a warehouse out and rent spots out to like 4 other boats.very clean and safe and fenced in.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by boating37
If your looking for indoor warehouse storage, let me know. I rent a warehouse out and rent spots out to like 4 other boats.very clean and safe and fenced in.
I am interested in your warehouse space. We may get lucky and find a place to keep the boat at but I'm uncertain if I want the trailer sitting in the elements. I'm uncertain of our appointment schedule but we do arrive in Tampa tomorrow morning and depart on Wednesday. Is your schedule flexible to connect sometime in that range?
Old 02-28-2013, 07:21 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tempted
What's the name of the condos or apartments with attached boat house / under cover slip wet storage on the intercoastal (I think might be) between Johns Pass & Shell Key? I recall that it might have a u-shaped basin with boat house type wet storage under or in front of the condo units. Any ideas what the name or location of the place is that I'm thinking about?
If I'm thinking of the same one you are it's called Captiva Cay http://www.lipplyrealestate.com/deta...?list=S4709133

I'm sure there are some waterfront homes for sale in the St Pete Beach/TI/Madeira Beach area in your price range too. I'd start with Zillow or a local realtor.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:26 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 1 Post

There are several Hi-n-dry's in the area. Loggerhead, Mariner's Cove, and Tierra Verde Marina are all at the southern end of Pinellas County. I'm sure there are some toward Johns Pass but I don't know any specific ones. Hopefully that will get you started...