Notices

Moving to Fort Myers from NH! Boat storage options

Old 03-01-2013, 12:41 PM
A.T. Cult Member #4
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moving to Fort Myers from NH! Boat storage options

Hey all,

I am very excited to say that this coming summer I will be making the big move from cold NH to FL! We have already scouted out where we are going to live and have plans in the works.

That being said I need some advice and/or suggestions.

I will be living in Fort Myers Gateway. I have a 28 Foot Active Thunder and was looking for a safe, affordable, convenient place to leave her.

We have been looking at many options.

Loved Sanibel Harbor Marina but way too expensive

Fort Myers Marina rack storage seemed nice but they are not hurricane equiped.

Park 720 is what I am thinking is the best idea for me. I don't have to find an extra place to leave the trailer and she is safe. Only issue is it is about 30 min away no traffic.

I have done extensive searches and spoken with a bunch of people, however I thought I would check with the power of OSO.

Thanks again!
Old 03-01-2013, 02:59 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by OCDACTIVE
Hey all,

I am very excited to say that this coming summer I will be making the big move from cold NH to FL! We have already scouted out where we are going to live and have plans in the works.

That being said I need some advice and/or suggestions.

I will be living in Fort Myers Gateway. I have a 28 Foot Active Thunder and was looking for a safe, affordable, convenient place to leave her.

We have been looking at many options.

Loved Sanibel Harbor Marina but way too expensive

Fort Myers Marina rack storage seemed nice but they are not hurricane equiped.

Park 720 is what I am thinking is the best idea for me. I don't have to find an extra place to leave the trailer and she is safe. Only issue is it is about 30 min away no traffic.

I have done extensive searches and spoken with a bunch of people, however I thought I would check with the power of OSO.

Thanks again!
Sorry I can't help with your storage question but hope you will join in on some future FMO runs. We have 3 other Active Thunders that run regularly with us. All the best and hope to meet you someday.

www.ftmyersoffshore.org

Bob
Old 03-01-2013, 03:28 PM
A.T. Cult Member #4
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
Sorry I can't help with your storage question but hope you will join in on some future FMO runs. We have 3 other Active Thunders that run regularly with us. All the best and hope to meet you someday.

www.ftmyersoffshore.org

Bob
Thank you Bob for the kind invite... But heads up.. we are already friends on Facebook and I'm on the FMO page.. LOL Cheers!
Old 04-09-2013, 06:31 AM
A.T. Cult Member #4
VIP Member

Well my dream is coming true! We close on our house in NH and move to Fort Myers on May 23rd. I have reserved a spot at Park 720. For the rate, convenience and safety it looks to be the best deal. Looking forward to joining you this summer!!!
Old 04-09-2013, 07:01 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

C'mon down. I'm in Cape Coral not far from where you'll park the boat. I've been down here 2 1/2 yrs now and love it. I know some stuff and agree with your storage choice. I'm waterfront so mine stays in the lift but if it weren't that's where it would be. If you need any help or questions let me know. I will do my best to answer them.

Mike
Old 04-09-2013, 07:53 AM
A.T. Cult Member #4
VIP Member

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
C'mon down. I'm in Cape Coral not far from where you'll park the boat. I've been down here 2 1/2 yrs now and love it. I know some stuff and agree with your storage choice. I'm waterfront so mine stays in the lift but if it weren't that's where it would be. If you need any help or questions let me know. I will do my best to answer them.

Mike
Thank you Mike! That is very kind of you. I do have friends in the Cape already but always looking to meet new people and boating friends. I definitely will need a hand getting to know the area when I get there.

Any words of advice for a northerner?
Old 04-09-2013, 07:55 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

We just moved to the Cape here from LOTO last October and we had to rack store my 353 Formula for two months when they were building my new dock/lift behind the house.

Anyway I kept it at Cape Coral Boat Club on Del Prado, it's right across the bridge (college blvd) from where you'll be living and I think and it was super nice.

If you want some info just let me know, you could always google them or call them, I think the gals name is Jennifer that handles the rack storage.

And yea, hope to see you at the FMO runs and if you see the only all white Formula around this area give a shout out, we're out most weekends somewhere, there's lots of places to boat to, you'll see real soon, congrats on the move, you're going to love the weather.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:29 AM
A.T. Cult Member #4
VIP Member

Thank you for the advice. The nice part of Park 720 is I have a place for my trailer and supplies. Since there are no basements in florida I am going to run into a storage issue. This seems to take care of all my needs.

Once I am there I will reach out to see if we can all meet up. I will need a trusted captain to follow while I get my bearings.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:41 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

If you don't have one already, my first piece of advise would be to get a "good reliable" GPS, they are invaluable down here.

I installed a Garmin 542s and it works like charm.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:59 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

I have a lowrance hds 5 plotter/fishfinder. Great piece also.

Advice: THROW AWAY ALL JACKETS!! lol. The humidity during summer is an adjustment. My wife always tells me I moved her to Iraq. Lol. She loves it too. One nice thing is right down from 720 near my house is a public boat ramp. Easy in out. Hell if ya wanna leave it in overnight bring it over and tie it up.

I gotta get together with Jim too. Gonna do that for sure this time home. Last 2 hitches have been hectic for me. Still have one more hectic time on the horizon but hopefully things will settle down soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.