Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Southeast US
Naples real estate info--condo help? >

Naples real estate info--condo help?

Notices

Naples real estate info--condo help?

Old 01-06-2014, 07:13 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Naples real estate info--condo help?

This is for my parents who are looking for their 1st place down in FL. They have been RV's all over Florida and let me know they think Naples is the place for their 2nd home.
My pops called me up yesterday asking me what I knew of the area for safety, boating, property values, etc. Since I know nothing and OSO has wealth of boaters in FL, I figured someone here might have some good insight.

I''v can thank my Dad for my boating disease as he started me down this money pit hobby when he turned me loose at 10 years old with a 16ft jon boat and 8hp o/b on the lake so I owe him all the help I can give.

One of the condos I think they really like and keep going back to is located here. Naple's Condo/

Considering we'll probably be visiting them frequently and possibly keeping a boat down there, any perspectives are appreciated.

Last edited by drejustice; 01-07-2014 at 03:28 PM.
Old 05-17-2014, 04:35 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm probably way too late, but I know Naples well and my dad knows it even better. Shoot me a PM and we can help y'all out. I haven't boated much down there (mostly sailing at that), but the water is really nice and almost always pretty smooth. It's odd, but the gulf by Naples is typically smoother than Tampa Bay. There's a fairly active performance boat community in Ft. Myers which is just a little north of Naples.
Old 05-17-2014, 04:37 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Oh, one thing to note on that particular condo is that you'll be in a no-wake zone for quite a while until you get to open water. If you boat a lot and don't like idling try to get as close to Doctor's Pass as you can. Otherwise, no worries, it's a reasonably scenic cruise down to Doctor's Pass from the condo in your link.
Old 05-17-2014, 06:32 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

jayboat used to have a condo in Naples before he moved here recently, he might be able to help.
Old 05-18-2014, 11:03 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Hans Haedelt---- rckstrmakr here on OSO works real estate in that area. 239-207-1163
Old 05-18-2014, 01:17 PM
Registered

That's a nice area just a LOOONNG idle out to open water.
Old 05-18-2014, 01:35 PM
Registered

Received 590 Likes on 240 Posts

Closest boat ramp is 10 miles away in either direction using the one in Naples Bay or the other one North in Wiggins Pass., Long ride out Naples Bay on the weekends with the nowakes and the channel at Wiggins Pass shoals constantly. I doubt there will be any slips available in that area as they are all private and that OLD Naples crowd down in that area will not welcome you with open arms if you own some type of real loud performance boat.

Nice area just OLD Naples
Old 05-18-2014, 07:16 PM
Registered

The speed zones are gone in Naples Bay I live on the water in Oyster Bay.