Notices

Manasota Key

Old 01-08-2014, 03:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Manasota Key

Since we are staying on Manasota Key for the boat races in April, does anyone know what the water depth is like on the intercoastal going between Venice to Placida at low tide? Looks kinda shallow around Peterson Island especially. Also, where are the hangout spots in this area. Looking for a place to beach and /or hangout similar to "Crab Island" in Destin with other real boaters / larger crowds.

Thanks,

Andy
Old 01-08-2014, 05:55 PM
Registered

crab island..... i read something about the fecal matter content there being like 40 times whats acceptable.. always looked like a fun place to hang out though.. destin rocks.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by abmotorman
Since we are staying on Manasota Key for the boat races in April, does anyone know what the water depth is like on the intercoastal going between Venice to Placida at low tide? Looks kinda shallow around Peterson Island especially. Also, where are the hangout spots in this area. Looking for a place to beach and /or hangout similar to "Crab Island" in Destin with other real boaters / larger crowds.

Thanks,

Andy
Minus any runoff issues Destin had.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by abmotorman

Thanks,

Andy
No real responses yet? That's not encouraging. Anyone?
Old 01-14-2014, 11:29 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry...can't answer about chanel depths but I've seen some big boat in the Intercoastal behind Manasota Key. You usually see boats beached at the end of Stump Pass State Park and I expect it to be full during the races unless they block access as the race boats will be using Stump Pass to reach the Gulf and Race Course.

FYI...If any one is looking for a condo on the beach about a half mile north of Englewood Beach for the races, PM me as mine is available. (Work commitment and won't be able to attend this race.)

Sidney
Old 04-24-2014, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone boating this week (April 25th through May 1st) around Manasota Key and need a deck hand/beer holder for the day...let me know. Would like to show my wife some of the beauty around the area by boat. Lunch/dinner/Cayman Jacks...on me.

Thanks,

Sidney