Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Manasota Key

Platinum Member Platinum Member abmotorman's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Active thunder Savage Twin 350 mags and a Mirage 22.5 for inland lakes

Manasota Key

Since we are staying on Manasota Key for the boat races in April, does anyone know what the water depth is like on the intercoastal going between Venice to Placida at low tide? Looks kinda shallow around Peterson Island especially. Also, where are the hangout spots in this area. Looking for a place to beach and /or hangout similar to "Crab Island" in Destin with other real boaters / larger crowds.

Thanks,

Andy

Registered
    My Boats:
    1990 Chap Villain Yard Ornament in Restoration
    crab island..... i read something about the fecal matter content there being like 40 times whats acceptable.. always looked like a fun place to hang out though.. destin rocks.

My Boats:
    Quote Originally Posted by abmotorman View Post
    Since we are staying on Manasota Key for the boat races in April, does anyone know what the water depth is like on the intercoastal going between Venice to Placida at low tide? Looks kinda shallow around Peterson Island especially. Also, where are the hangout spots in this area. Looking for a place to beach and /or hangout similar to "Crab Island" in Destin with other real boaters / larger crowds.

Thanks,

Andy
    Minus any runoff issues Destin had.

My Boats:
    Quote Originally Posted by abmotorman View Post

Thanks,

Andy
    No real responses yet? That's not encouraging. Anyone?

Registered
    Sorry...can't answer about chanel depths but I've seen some big boat in the Intercoastal behind Manasota Key. You usually see boats beached at the end of Stump Pass State Park and I expect it to be full during the races unless they block access as the race boats will be using Stump Pass to reach the Gulf and Race Course.

FYI...If any one is looking for a condo on the beach about a half mile north of Englewood Beach for the races, PM me as mine is available. (Work commitment and won't be able to attend this race.)

Sidney

Registered
    Anyone boating this week (April 25th through May 1st) around Manasota Key and need a deck hand/beer holder for the day...let me know. Would like to show my wife some of the beauty around the area by boat. Lunch/dinner/Cayman Jacks...on me.

Thanks,

Sidney