Key West Lodging >

Key West Lodging

Notices

Key West Lodging

Old 12-10-2014, 08:23 AM
Registered

Received 753 Likes on 406 Posts
Default Key West Lodging

Wife turns 50 in September and has never been to Key West. Thought we might fly to FMB and take the Express to Key West for a few days. I haven't been there since the late 70's so looking for lodging suggestions. What is everyone's thoughts on the following places:

Ocean Key Resort and Spa
Pier House
Orchid House
Santa Marie Suites

Thanks.
Old 12-10-2014, 10:35 AM
GRH
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

We stayed at the Parrot Key in November & were very pleased.... We stayed at the Ocean Key a few years back & loved it! it is on the end of Duval St which is the heart of Key West... so its a busy area... whereas the Parrot Key was on the outskirts of town... not as busy by the pools.... but you will need to drive or get transportation to downtown... the whole island is only about 2 miles end to end so not a big deal....
Old 12-10-2014, 10:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For first visit I would go with the Ocean Key
Old 12-10-2014, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Ocean Key is the best place for the first stay..... Mallory Square is right next door and Duval St. is out the front door-------------The sunsets at Mallory are Astounding...
Have a great time and stop at Sloppy Joe,s also

Jim: flag:
Old 12-11-2014, 01:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have stayed at Ocean Key, Pier House, Crown Plaza, Curry Mansion, all of which are nice, especially Ocean Key. From a cost standpoint, Ocean Key is pricey, regardless of what time of the year, events or not. It is convenient as mentioned above for its location, Sunset Pier, Mallory Square. If money is no object, I would stay there and enjoy the spoiling they provide.

We stay mostly at Curry Mansion on Caroline, right behind the Monkey Bar and Fogarty's. It's a very nice B&B, 75 yards off Duvall and in the center of the activities. They have a nice breakfast included, made to order omlettes, fresh fruit and the normal things that go along with breakfast. They also have a nice little Happy Hour each day included as well, draft beer, liquor finger food. Room rates along with taxes average $300 a night. Rooms all have king canopy beds, large showers, and a tropical feel as you would expect in Key West.

Have never stayed at Orchid House or Santa Marie.

Enjoy your trip wherever you stay
Old 12-13-2014, 01:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like to stay on the south side of the island at Casa Marina or Southernmost. Beautiful beaches on the south side and only a 5 minute scooter ride to all the places mentioned above. There is really no beach on the north side, sea walls, marinas and bars. Depends if you you are going to just party or you want to have a nice romantic time with your wife. If it is the later check out the places I mentioned. Scooters are the way to go, don't get a car. Pretty small place. Good luck.