Lake Lanier Poker Run 2017 question >

Lake Lanier Poker Run 2017 question

Notices

Old 12-02-2016, 10:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never been able to do many poker runs since i'm unfortunately a slave to my job, but looking to hopefully do the Lake Lanier Poker run this up coming year and maybe another 1 or 2 after that. With having never been to the lake nor heard much detail about the poker run other than i know they try and cater to a large diversity of boats what is the travel distance of the actual poker run itself? How many stops do they typically have? Gas docks along the route? Just trying to hopefully get a few questions answered so we can get a group up this year to participate. Thanks.
Old 12-02-2016, 02:38 PM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

Where are you located?
Old 12-02-2016, 07:23 PM
Registered

South Carolina. Just west of north myrtle beach
Old 12-03-2016, 06:09 AM
Registered

Received 54 Likes on 24 Posts

I don't want to speak for the folks that run Pirates of Lanier, but it looks like it may not be happening. See the Windship Statement thread.

That said, it has been the best Poker Run Ive ever attended. Boats attending run the gamut from MTI amd Skater Cats to Pontoon boats. No egos, great people and just a blast. Not sure on the exact miles, I'd guess 60 or so. Plenty of places for fuel or lunch and you can take all day to complete it if you want. Its more of a group boating event and party than a mad dash up and down the lake. You can do that if you want, but most do not. It's 5 stops all over the lake with an informal fun run the day before the event. I'd highly recommend it and best of all, they raise significant money for charity every year.
Old 12-03-2016, 05:22 PM
Registered

Lanier Partner's website still has it projected for a 2017 Poker Run, no dates posted yet though. We had a great time this year (our first time), rented a condo on the lake for a few days, had a blast. We already have a lake house reserved for next year for 10 days with the hopes they still put on this event. Sad to see the key players move on though, I guess we'll all wait and see what the board members decide to do for the future event. As for Lanier, its a great lake, fuel docks all up and down the lake, beautiful scenery, calm waters (with the exception of Saturdays), plenty of hideaways.
Old 12-04-2016, 10:58 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

We ran it as a family with a couple young ones and everyone loved it. My kids loved the boat air time and we plan to run it next year too.

No real concerns with fuel and access unless you need high octane or race fuel. We filled up, slipped in, ran on the lake two days prior and did the run with fuel to spare.

Last edited by aquaforce; 12-04-2016 at 11:01 PM.
Old 12-04-2016, 11:41 PM
Registered

If you haven't try the Lake Murray Poker Run!
Old 12-05-2016, 07:58 AM
Registered

When is the Lake Murray Poker Run? I thought I remembered hearing something of it a few years ago but didn't know if they continued.
Old 12-05-2016, 09:52 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The Lanier poker run is awesome, I hope they have it again this year as well, but that's up in the air. Total distance traveled for me last year was right about 60 miles. The group starts begin I think at 11am or so, but the card stops are open at 9am, so we hit up some of the card stops early, and Lanier early in the morning like that is beautiful. There are 6 card stops, each are at marinas on the lake so they have gas, most are 90 octane and one or two have 93. This year was our first too, and my friends were calling me a month ago asking if we're doing it again next summer, so I've already got plans made for 2017!

You may want to check out the Lake Hartwell poker run too, usually in June. I'm looking at maybe doing that one as well.
Old 06-26-2017, 06:41 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

We are signed up. Good times.
Who else is going?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.