Fort Lauderdale For The Weekend

Notices

Fort Lauderdale For The Weekend

Old 02-20-2017, 06:45 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fort Lauderdale For The Weekend

Flying in from Maryland thursday night for a long weekend. My friends have their Sunny down there for the winter so we will be venturing out, any recommendation on hot spots to raft up or sand bars? How about the night lift scene?
Old 02-20-2017, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

There's one sandbar in Lauderdale, right by the Lauderdale yacht club. Not sure how good/popular it is, never been there but friends have. The popular hangout and place to be seen is the Haulover sandbar just inside haulover inlet in north Miami Beach. But be prepared for a center console to pull up next to you and blast vulgar music, that's the norm there.

I might be out this weekend but I like going south, launch out of homestead and cruise to the keys. Very quiet, calm, scenic, no speed regulations. The FPC poker run is thursday and Friday departing Miami if you wanted to check that out.
Old 02-21-2017, 01:59 AM
Registered

Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by ToMorrow44
. But be prepared for a center console to pull up next to you and blast vulgar music, that's the norm there.
Fire up the twins and let the exhaust drown out the crap music!
Old 02-21-2017, 05:03 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the input, we were talking about trying to check out the poker run. As far as the loud music goes...that's still our scene for the most part. We're in our late 20's early 30's, and haven't quite grown up yet.

Really just looking forward to some sun, warm weather, and the sounds/smells of boating!
Old 10-20-2017, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, I just moved down to FLL from JAX about 2 months ago. You guys get together often?