New to Punta Gorda >

New to Punta Gorda

Notices

New to Punta Gorda

Old 04-29-2020, 12:49 PM
Registered

Location: Solomons Island, MD, Vero Beach and Punta Gorda, FL
Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Wow, small world is right. We still live in Maryland but try and come down every month. Here until Sunday. Trying to get in as much boating as possible and learn where to go. Yesterday we ran up to Boca Grande to a little spit of sand just out in Gulf. Anchored and chilled for couple of hours. We can see your house down canal. Hope to meet you in person once all this crap is over.

Ed
Old 04-29-2020, 12:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by lear60man
Thanks all! Ed if your Donzi is red/black......I think you are across the canal from me! Deposit is made on a 6 post lift. Just trying to light fires under the boat seller and the Lift contractor to get this boat here and in her new nest.

We love it here, every day its like we are on vacation. We had been coming to Fl from Ca every other month for years.

Update; Ed...No ****, We moved into the house kitty corner from you on Via Formia. I had to pull up a map to confirm, but yea I was commenting to the wife about your boat while were watching sunset on the dock the other night. Small world.

Wow, small world is right. We still live in Maryland but try and come down every month. Here until Sunday. Trying to get in as much boating as possible and learn where to go. Yesterday we ran up to Boca Grande to a little spit of sand just out in Gulf. Anchored and chilled for couple of hours. We can see your house down canal. Hope to meet you in person once all this crap is over.

Ed

Old 04-29-2020, 12:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by EWPE
I also live on Via Formia and my name is also Ed. We are all in the same neighborhood . Look forward to meeting you all.

Here is a picture of my boat before i bought it.

Ed, I have seen your boat when we cruised down canal. I remember commenting on having same engines (they blew up right after that - lol). Anyway, hope to meet all when all this crap ends.

Ed
Old 04-30-2020, 05:30 PM
Registered

Received 70 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by fandango

Ed

I was wondering where all the noise was coming from last night....sounded like a great family gathering! Yea drop me a line when yall fell like socializing.
Old 07-23-2020, 03:41 PM
Registered

Time for an update. Lift is in and the boat is home. What a PITA but its done. Still have a few more hours to break in the motors then change the oil and let her rip. Upholstery is almost done, still need the backrest for the salon couch and to fix a few things upholstery wise. This boat was a project boat plain and simple. It was 90% mechanically perfect and 50% aesthetics as it had no upholstery in the cockpit and a dated interior. That has changed.

Cockpit before:

Cockpit now:

Salon before:

Salon now:

All new lights, gauges, radios, tons of new wiring, stereo, latches etc. I still need to do the headliner (might hire that out) and then start working on the VBerth bedroom. I finished the hardwood in the aft bedroom and might carry it up the sides of the Vberth bed as the carpet has seen better days and I have left over supplies. I hired out a pro to remove the windlass and plum in a new maceration pump for the vacuflush. New potable water pump now runs on demand to pressurize the water system.

And a howdy to the Offshore member that stopped by to say hello the other day while I was working on the boat! Now there are 4 of us in the neighborhood.

Old 08-03-2020, 01:35 PM
dcb
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok I will chime in - bought a house on Santa Margarita Lane in 2015, we try to get down at least twice a year.
Old 08-04-2020, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by F14A water jet
I was in "aerospace"...worked for Raytheon and was an F-14 RIO ("Goose" from Top Gun movie).
Hey F14A, my father worked for Grumman and he developed the targeting system for the F14. He got an award for it and a plaque with the patent for the system
Old 08-08-2020, 07:12 PM
Registered

Ok, who has a 33-35 Fountain with red white blue yellow stripes? Its one of my favorite paint jobs on a go fast boat. Nice to meet you if it was only just a quick wave and 'nice boat' salute.
Old 08-08-2020, 07:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dcb
Ok I will chime in - bought a house on Santa Margarita Lane in 2015, we try to get down at least twice a year.
Well hell, thats 4 of us within spitting distance. I know there is another guy because he came up to the boat while I was working on it a couple of weeks ago. Said he saw this thread.