Notices

Ladder

Old 02-10-2014, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ladder

What is everyone using to get in and out of the water? I have seen the detachable like these ://www.bartswatersports.com/catalog/Boat_Ladders_Swim_Platforms/SportDive_Boat_Ladder/index.asp but thinking the only place to put it would be at the back in between the motors. Just don't like the idea of my kids swimming through there to get in the boat. One kick to a cleaver and we are on our way to the hospital.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got a very similar ladder to the one in the link and it works but I didn't like it at all and it's now off the boat. My problem is the way its mounted to the transom with the four screws or bolts is when you step on one side of the ladder it torques the mount in one direction then you step on the other side and it torques the ladder the other way. If you can imagine this over and over it tries to twist the mount off the transom over time (if you weigh more than 80 pounds). Another problem is the transom angle has the ladder at a negative which is a PITA to climb. What I'm mounting is a small swim platform just below the waterline at rest between the motors, hopefully that will be easier to get on and off and won't be hard on the transom. That doesn't solve the problem of swimming between the props though.

In the for what it's worth column we boat just about every weekend during the summer and haven't had anyone hurt themselves on the props yet.