Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Spectre
2016 32 OB 130mph >

2016 32 OB 130mph

Notices

2016 32 OB 130mph

Old 06-20-2016, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not just post them up here so everyone can see them? There are a lot of fans of Spectre, me included, just most have a very bad taste for the Frisini group that promised the world and delivered the nightmares.
Old 06-20-2016, 10:53 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As we are getting up and running with production we will post more and more pictures within one week we will have the pictures of the demo boat posted up give us one week
Old 06-20-2016, 09:11 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by spectre007
The Spectre 32 with Mercury 400R's does 115mph and not 130mph as was put out there. Just wanted to clear that up.
Hey Spectre007, Very nice boat and congrats on the numbers. Was wondering how much setback you are setting up with. Is there any notch in the hull. I have my motors mounted on 3 inch Jackplates right on the transom. No notch in hull. Im convinced the boat needs 10 to 12 inches of setback. I know the hulls are two different manufacturers but I was wondering if you played around with it at all. Im probably gonna Get into the setback next season but any info may help me. Thanx Steve.
Old 06-21-2016, 11:22 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Nastybug
Hey Spectre007, Very nice boat and congrats on the numbers. Was wondering how much setback you are setting up with. Is there any notch in the hull. I have my motors mounted on 3 inch Jackplates right on the transom. No notch in hull. Im convinced the boat needs 10 to 12 inches of setback. I know the hulls are two different manufacturers but I was wondering if you played around with it at all. Im probably gonna Get into the setback next season but any info may help me. Thanx Steve.
just remember that moving the motor's back further will throw off the Balance of the boat that Skater decided it should have " CG's "
Old 06-21-2016, 05:35 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by mikebrls
just remember that moving the motor's back further will throw off the Balance of the boat that Skater decided it should have " CG's "
Hey Mike I thought about that Thanx for bringing it up. Originally Skater was going to put 12 inch brackets in for set back. After talking with the guys at Merc Racing Pete decided to try it with out the brackets as it would make the boat handle better. In order for me to run on the high end I need what I think is more trim than it should have. The Bow runs very high with a lot of positive trim. Id like to improve the running attitude of the boat. Have it run flatter. There is no notch in my hull and Ive never seen motors so close to the stern ever. Either way I'm gonna try it in the Spring to see how she runs. I can always take the set back out again. Was wondering how it may have effected this new Spectre while they were playing around with it. Thanx again Steve.
Old 06-22-2016, 01:04 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Nastybug , It seem like every boat out there whether it's a cat or a V for top speed #s they have a longer bracket , I think "I could be wrong " a longer bracket will bring the bow of the boat higher out of the water creating less boat in the water for flat water speed run's , but just the opposite in rough water .It all depend's on how you are going to run the boat on a regular basis . where I live is ocean so I would choose to loose some speed for the better rough water ride, but if I lived where there was a lot of flat water I would go the other way and get the extra few mph out of the boat
Have fun with your new boat

mike
Old 06-26-2016, 10:47 AM
Registered

We used a 6" setback on the new boat
Old 06-27-2016, 05:58 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by spectre007
We used a 6" setback on the new boat
Thanx 007 and Mike, I was thinking of how far to go back . I don't necessarily want to be back 12 inches. I was thinking about trying 6 inches to start maybe 10. Did you try any other amount or does the hull have a notch built into it. I don't want to sacrifice too much handling. With the additional setback it becomes more trim sensitive which may help my ride attitude a bit and if more top end comes with it than fine. My jack plates are only three inches. How far back were yours you used.

Last edited by Nastybug; 06-27-2016 at 06:00 PM.
Old 06-29-2016, 12:03 AM
Banned

https://vimeo.com/172518513
Old 06-29-2016, 12:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it was Bob's that had an outboard bracket designed for testing setback that allowed you to adjust both setback and height. My impression was that it was only designed for testing not to be left in place but that would probably be a great thing to use for testing that way you could try it in several different settings without having to buy and install new brackets to try multiple setups. Then buy the fixed brackets that worked best.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.