30' Prop Advice - Need Help. >

30' Prop Advice - Need Help.

Notices

30' Prop Advice - Need Help.

Old 01-22-2005, 09:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 30' Prop Advice - Need Help.

I just bought a 30' with twin 496 HO with xr speeedmaster drives and 29p Hydro Labbed props and I can only get 94mph out of it. I have been told I should be doing 100. The motors turn 5000 on a full tank of gas pretty easily. Does anyone have a similiar set up and go faster? Does anyone have any suggestions on props?

Thanks,

Max

Last edited by Pmpaint1; 01-22-2005 at 06:29 PM.
Old 01-22-2005, 11:29 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: 30' Prop Advice - Need Help.

I thought that that boat did 100-103 with 500EFIs. I would be pleased with 94 with the 496HOs.
Old 01-22-2005, 05:34 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i run 105-110 with half tanks and two people with 500hp's (carb), i don't think you are to far off with HO's... what is the rpm limit on HO's? i prop mine for 2 people and low fuel, otherwise if you prop with full tanks and many people when you run by yourself and low fuel you will be banging the rev limiter all the time... is that a gps speed? are you using 3 blades? if so, maybe some 4 blade 30's, i think you can turn them with the ho's pretty well... that might get ya 96-97, but i think that is about all you are going to get with 425HP... i have heard some run 2" shorties and that works pretty well, but i haven't tried that myself yet... probably will though...
Old 01-22-2005, 06:02 PM
Registered

I am hitting 5000 with a half tank and me and one other person in the boat and a little negative trim. I am running 4 blade labbed 29 hydro's. The rev limit is 4800-5000

Last edited by Pmpaint1; 01-22-2005 at 06:15 PM.
Old 01-22-2005, 06:07 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would put some bigger props on it then.... might try some stock 30's first then having them worked..... ask julie or matt at throttle-up, they are on here.... those also have the 5 blades that might work well with our hull....
Old 01-22-2005, 07:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pmpaint1
I just bought a 30' with twin 496 HO with xr speeedmaster drives and 29p Hydro Labbed props and I can only get 94mph out of it. I have been told I should be doing 100. The motors turn 5000 on a full tank of gas pretty easily. Does anyone have a similiar set up and go faster? Does anyone have any suggestions on props?

Thanks,

Max

I saw you run the boat in the keys and you like to run hard! Your boat looked great. Julie and Matt are great to work with. If thier is speed they will find it.

Dan
Old 01-23-2005, 07:03 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I just posted a message to you on another thread Pmpaint. I think that that is my old boat. I have a set of 29 Hydromotive P5X's that I bought for that boat just before I traded it. They work much better on that boat!!!! It takes off much better with no blow-out, mid-range is better, but unfortunately top end will be the same. The best speed that that boat has ever seen is 96mph by Jay when he sea trialed it before I picked it up. 94 was about all I ever saw. Let me know if you have an interest in those P5X's. I had them in the classified section months ago, but didn' seem to get any interest. I also have a full cover for the boat, and a second set of complete exhaust tails with CMI mufflers that will bring the boat down to 87db. Good Luck with that boat. Its a sweet Ride!!!
Old 01-23-2005, 08:01 AM
Registered

Thanks Dan! Isnt hard the only way?

Chuck - Yes it is you did a good job building it! Did you ever try any other props? I really want to try and get a few more mph even though 94 is pretty fast there are 6 or 7 other motion and Spectres in my area and I gotta be one of the slowest ones! I'm gonna try reg hydro 4 blade 30's there happen to be a set for sale on here now. I had a 30 with 300x prior to this boat so I had a full cover but I will ask around next time I run into some of the others down here. One question how do the pre-lubers work are they automatic or do you have to click he toggle switches next to the kill switch?

I'll post how they work out.
Old 01-23-2005, 01:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Pmpaint1
Thanks Dan! Isnt hard the only way?

Chuck - Yes it is you did a good job building it! Did you ever try any other props? I really want to try and get a few more mph even though 94 is pretty fast there are 6 or 7 other motion and Spectres in my area and I gotta be one of the slowest ones! I'm gonna try reg hydro 4 blade 30's there happen to be a set for sale on here now. I had a 30 with 300x prior to this boat so I had a full cover but I will ask around next time I run into some of the others down here. One question how do the pre-lubers work are they automatic or do you have to click he toggle switches next to the kill switch?

I'll post how they work out.
I didn't try any other props. Jay at Spectre thought that the sportmaster lowers would get the boat over 100mph, but I put them on last spring and noticed no increase in speed. Those pre lubers have to have about 80 lbs. of pressure to work. The switch is by the kill switch. Call Master Lube if you have any questions, they are very helpful.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Chuck
I didn't try any other props. Jay at Spectre thought that the sportmaster lowers would get the boat over 100mph, but I put them on last spring and noticed no increase in speed. Those pre lubers have to have about 80 lbs. of pressure to work. The switch is by the kill switch. Call Master Lube if you have any questions, they are very helpful.

Did you put on the 2" Shorties or regular I cant tell?

Quick Reply: 30' Prop Advice - Need Help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.