Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sunsation
aggressor 25 >

aggressor 25

Notices

aggressor 25

Old 02-12-2002, 12:15 AM
NVRENOUGH

Post aggressor 25

I posted in the general forum but didn`t get much response, i have narrowed the field to and outlaw 25 or sunsation 25, i am leaning tword the sunsation due to the price and it is new versus used however the one thing i am a little wary about is the narrow beam. so has anyone had a problem with this, is it uncomfortable ect... i am moving up from a baja hammer so i think the sunsation will be an improvement but i am looking for some input from current owners. thanks jason

Old 02-12-2002, 09:07 AM

I really can't comment on the 24 footer. My first impression was the same as yours. This time last year my girlfriend Karen pointed out an ad for Sunsation in Powerboat magazine.

I looked at it and said "it looks like a missile - too narrow, forget it". I dismissed the boat in my mind. Then we went out and started looking at Sonic's, Baja's and a few others. There was something about Baja's being too "bulbous" and something about Sonic's being too "choppy" that kept me from writing a check. Then I took a very serious look at a Pantera and almost wrote a check but the interior was really sparse.

Then I visisted Sunsation's website and wrote an email to the President of Sunsation who was listed on the site asking for local dealer. Much to my surprise I got a phone call 30 minutes later from a local dealer who said the President of Sunsation called her and asked her to call me. Boy was I shocked.

The bottom line was that I ordered a Sunsation 288 last May and it arrived at the dealer on July 2.

and.... I love my boat and the people at Sunsation are par excellence'

Yea... My boat may be 6 inches narrower than a lot of other boats, but it's fine with me and my girlfriend doesn't seem to mind 6 inches less either. The boat handles like a dream, is as tough as nails and is an absolutely beautiful boat.

- jeff

[ 02-12-2002: Message edited by: JeffreyBoy ]

Old 02-12-2002, 10:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Neverenough,

I replied to your post in the general discussion area but please feel free to call me personally if I can offer any other input to answer your questions or concerns.

GodSpeed Always

David Hare
COO
Sunsation Powerboats
810-794-4888
Old 02-12-2002, 07:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
NVRENOUGH
I've got an older 25' Aggressor, and I love it. Here are the ups, and downs atleast from my experience. Being a smaller company they have been great to deal with. I bought my boat used, so I've never spent any money directly with them, but every time I've asked any type of questions they have always bent over to give me the information I was looking for. The boats are built very well, they are a BLAST to drive, I've said it before, they are a drivers boat. I would say they are more like a sports car, great to drive fast, a fool around in but not to take cross country. They are a touch tight so you'll have to get creative stowing all of your gear. I generally go out with myself, and a few friends without any problems. I've even done a number of sleep overs on the boat and it is great. I love the handling It's a blast if you'd like to e-mail me directly drop me note and I can answer any questions you may have based on my experiences. Good luck
Doug
Old 02-12-2002, 11:48 PM
Registered

RumRunner:
Is your sunsation all black with pink? And do you hang out at cocktail cove on Lake Lanier?
Old 02-13-2002, 12:56 AM
NVRENOUGH

Ok guys, now that the descion has been made i just need one more question answered. how does this thing palne with a load, the biggest problem i have with my hammer is that the thing practily pops a wheelie when ther are any more than three to four people on it. now during the sea trial with just me and the salesman it wasn`t and issue. so i am looking for real world results how will this thing plane with four maybe five average people in it
thanks jason

Old 02-14-2002, 11:30 PM
kook

I've got a 2001. Like previously said, a driver's boat - don't expect to be taking a large group of people out on it. Usually it's been just me and my g/f. 4-up is fine, but when rafted-up, you really need to get out of the cockpit - it's small.

It sleeps 2, but it's tight. If you're fat, the bolsters may inhibit your movement around the cockpit.

I have no problems getting on plane with 4-up - none whatsoever, and I don't even drop the tabs down.

I run in the Ches Bay - it eats 2' chop w/o a problem. 3', and it starts getting a bit exciting, 4' and it gets rough. Been out in 5'+ before - you take a pounding, but pretty much everything stays together - solid feel.

Bottom line: Kinda like a BMW M-series. Fun as hell to drive, but don't expect a lot of convenience options. The narrow beam makes for tight quarters for more than 3 people when you're just "hanging out". You gotta think smart about storage space on this boat. I'm having a stainless "tub" built under the hatch, on the port side - there's valuable space under there

Feel free to e-mail me direct -> [email protected]

-Mark
Attached Images  

Old 02-19-2002, 06:10 PM
Registered

Sorry for taking so long to reply guys, but with being down in Daytona, and Miami it's been hectic.

Jrock: My Sunsation is White with pink & red strips, grey interior.
I do spend a good bit of time down in cocktail anchored with drink in hand.

Jason: I've never had any problems getting on plane, I generally drop my tabs to keep the bow down, and to prevent me from getting stupid and tearing up an outdrive (although you honestly don't have to)
Old 02-20-2002, 01:40 AM
NVRENOUGH

Thank you everyone for helping me with my descison, in the end I chose the sunsation, i felt that while the baja was a great boat the sunsation had a couple of advatages over it. not the leaste of which was the fact tht i feel confident that the factory will stand behind the boat if things go wrong. well here it is, what do ya think?
Attached Thumbnails aggressor 25-aggressor2.jpg  

Old 02-20-2002, 01:41 AM
NVRENOUGH

wow that pic looks crappy after i shrank it, sorry, does anyone know a better way to shrink a pic?

jason

Quick Reply: aggressor 25

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.