25 Aggressor Question >

25 Aggressor Question

Notices

25 Aggressor Question

Old 11-12-2005, 08:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 25 Aggressor Question

This is my second Aggressor. I noticed that you are on the sunsationboats.com forum as well. Here is a link with a picture of my current red, orange and yellow 2001. It is post number 2 and 3

http://www.sunsationboats.com/forums...hread.php?t=12

Here is a link of my purple, yellow and black '97 Aggressor with a HP 500. This paint scheme is my favorite. It is post 34.

http://www.sunsationboats.com/forums...2&page=4&pp=10

You are right you either love the narrow beam or hate 'em. This is my second, so you know my answer.

Ty
Old 11-15-2005, 09:03 PM
Registered

Aggressor 25

Great Looking Boats

Is there a big difference in the windshield vs the fairing ? is there a difference in the years (performance, handling, etc. )do you have a favorite?

Is winter over yet

Speed
Old 11-16-2005, 09:59 PM
Registered

Ty nice looking boats i realy like your 97 ! I prefer that look my 25 is sharp it gets alota complements , i added some checkerd flag graphics to the rear , but there just vinyl they can be removed , my pics are to big to load on sunsations web . I'd be holding on to mine i luv my boat ,but my 3 kids are growing like weeds need a bigger cockpit , i like the mid-cabin idea wife is afraid someone will fly out the front -WOMEN
Old 11-16-2005, 10:06 PM
Registered

Have you been to any of the rallys, we were at the last 2 , didn't bring ours this year engine was being rebuilt, rode in aggresors 25 (jason ) awesom guy both him and his wife ! its a 2001 w/ 310 454 nice boat rode similar to ours being same hull other than the vortex step handeled nice w/ the 4 of us never been in 1 as a passenger at speed .
Old 11-28-2005, 06:38 PM
Registered

Speedboatr,

The boats are nearly identical. In late 1997 the Aggressor went from a windshield to a fairing. I prefer the look of the fairing to the windshield; but it is just a preference. Sunsation actually started offering a windshild option on their 28s and 32s again in the last few years. It can be nice to get out of the wind boating early or late into the season. I can not tell the difference that the vortex step has from the non-vented bottom.

The 2001 that I bought was originally purchased by a good friend of mine. I actually went with him to our dealer when he ordered it. I decided to let my '97 go when that 2001 became available. I liked the fairing, updated gauages, throttle, bolsters and aluminum tube swim platform the 2001 offered. I looked at the cost of updating my '97 and it was an easy decision.

Trimman,
I have never been up for a rally. A friend who introduced me to Sunsation has been up for a few and I have seen the videos. It looks like a great time and I would love to make it to one in the future. I can understand the need for more room. My wife and I used to overnight on the Aggressors, but we recently purchased a lake house and don't stay out anymore. If we did more overnighting I may look to move up, but the 25 is fine for us and 2 small kids for now. We used to boat on the Potomac River by Washington DC and now spend most weekends at Smith Mountain Lake in Virginia. The waters are fairly calm at both. I do find that it helps to have Aggressors with 4-5 passengers when it gets rough. It keeps it from flying as much as you span from wake to wake.