Extreme offshore marine ?? Havre de Grace MD >

Extreme offshore marine ?? Havre de Grace MD

Notices

Extreme offshore marine ?? Havre de Grace MD

Old 03-28-2006, 12:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Extreme offshore marine ?? Havre de Grace MD

we were so tempted to bring some spray paint w/ us and spray down both sides of the entire boat ( shrink wrap) while they watched from the shack,, that extreme offshore marine ripped us off !!..

I guess it could have been worse...... We could have ordered a PANTERA and still be waiting for it 3 years later..

Last edited by Chris288; 03-28-2006 at 12:51 PM.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:32 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Chris,

For some reason, I want to say that our trailer does have 15's on it. I'll have to check my notes since I just ordered a spare from ACE and let you know. I am also afraid of a blow out which is why I ordered the spare.

Someone said I should just order all new rims and get some goodyear tires for the trailer. They mentioned that the carlisle's were not good tires. I didn't know!!!

Then to find out that Sunsation doesn't even use ACE - that ACE was a company that Sue and Mike dealt with really ticked me off too. I was always under the impression from Sue that Sunsation recommended ACE Trailers and then come to find out, they don't use them and that Joe had to call Mike and Sue to get that information.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:32 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

CaptDave - tell me how I can become a dealer and I'd love to do it?!?!?!?!
Old 03-28-2006, 02:46 PM
Registered

Yah,, the creeps used ACE while Sunsation uses or reccomends Manning.. Unfortunately by the time I found out that the Extreme Offshore Idiots didn't know the boat had a full step and contacted manning the wait would have been over a month to build me a welded alum. trailer when I was to take delivery in 2 weeks,, and E.O.M assured me they could handle it.. It's been an o.k. trailer since I made new bunks with the correct angles and step and re-carpeted them, after E.O.I's destroyed the original ones w/ a skill-saw, trying to get the boat to fit correctly,,, which it did not....

I have heard the Carlisle are junk,, I have 14" alum. wheels ( paid extra ) and have actually had a flat already but I just cant stand the thought of plunking down 400.00 for new tires when these are still in new condition.. I dont trailer that far or that often so I just keep a spare at all times..

Last edited by Chris288; 03-28-2006 at 02:49 PM.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:22 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

You have much better wheels then we do on ours. We just have standard 5 lug ugly rims. But I guess they work. We don't trailer that far either but we were thinking of going to the owner's rally this year until they decided to have it next year. Atleast it gives me time to get new tires and wheels!
Old 03-28-2006, 03:28 PM
Registered

The alum. wheels are nice,, but the 14's are not H.D. enough... I did a lot of homework,,,, but obviously not enough, thinking that Extreme Ofshore Morons could atleast get the trailer right... wrong,,,,,
Old 03-29-2006, 08:54 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Chris,

Tim from ACE called me last night to let me know that my spare was on the way. I asked him and ours are 14's also. He said that Carlisle doesn't make the orginal tire that Jimmy has on his trailer so the tread on the spare will be different. Not that I care, I just wonder if Carlisle tried to make an improvement.

I forgot to look for pics last night. Sorry! I'll get some to you asap.

I am wondering if the "Morons" used a different trailer than because we really have not had any problems with it, except the electric wench - that the "Morons put on"- jammed on us once while trying to put the boat on the trailer - that Jimmy had to fix. I don't think the wench is heavy duty enough. And come to think of it, there is an extension piece in the center that points towards the ground that will get caught in the concrete/asphalt if the pitch of the ramp isn't steep enough. I didn't notice where they had chopped anything up but I will sure look this year when we put the boat in the water.

C-
Old 03-29-2006, 09:30 AM
Registered

C-,,,, Don't quote me on this but I think the trailers we have are rated for 7K, figure 4,500 for boat almost 1K for fuel, the trailer itself 1,200 and other equipment puts us right around the 7K max.. I think the trailer is sufficient, and I haven't had any problems other than the bunks... but IMO is maxed out, as well as the tires. I make it a point to trailer w/ as little fuel as possible. From what I have read, the carlisle's are not very good, lots of blow-outs and tread seperation.... Glad you are doing well w/ yours.. C...

Last edited by Chris288; 03-29-2006 at 09:33 AM.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:00 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Unhappy Re: Extreme offshore marine ?? Havre de Grace MD

Makes me just want to order another trailer!
Old 03-29-2006, 10:12 AM
Registered

whats that saying,,,, You can never have TOO much trailer.. I know I would feel more comfortable knowing I had a 10K trailer under 7 K of boat instead of 7K on 7K.. but like I said that is just my opinion..

Last edited by Chris288; 03-29-2006 at 11:10 AM.

Quick Reply: Extreme offshore marine ?? Havre de Grace MD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.