Window to fairing

Notices

Window to fairing

Old 06-26-2006, 06:41 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window to fairing

Is it possible to take off the front/side window screen of a 25 aggressor and replace it with a race style fairing? Would it be a simple replacement - unbolt and bolt back on. If possible, does anyone have any idea how much it would cost? Thanks. Considering a 25, but really like the look with the fairing (has glass now). Boat in question is a 1997. Starting to lean towards a 25 sunsation if we can find one that fits our needs and price range. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Window to fairing

This was one of the reasons I went from my '97 to '01 Aggressor. After talking to Joe at the factory, there was alot involved. There is different fiberglass molds for the upper dash for the factory fairing to work. I think one person has done this and it was alot of retrofitting and cost. The newer Aggressors also have a much nicer bolsters, back bench and hatch. I may be interested in selling my '01 as I have my eye on a 32 Dominator.

Ty
Old 07-06-2006, 01:55 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts
Default Re: Window to fairing

A friend bought a Checkmate years ago that had the glass removed from the windshield frame, and had aluminum sheets riveted and siliconed into place on both the inside and the outside of the winshield frame. It still followed the original lines of the boat, and looked great, almost factory. It was all painted to match (red) with the rest of the boat.

Second to that, I have seen and been on both of Ty's 25 Aggressors. The major appearance difference between his 1997 and the 2001 is the deck and faring. The 1997 is still running strong in the area, and his 2001 is a very clean and sharp boat.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 07-06-2006 at 01:59 PM.