question for you sunsation folks >

question for you sunsation folks

Notices

question for you sunsation folks

Old 12-25-2006, 02:55 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: question for you sunsation folks

Hey Finney,they are not faster than with twins and the maintenance and or the replacement of the drive all the time because you are over powering it.How many hours did you get out the drive,it seems to me the cost and extra engine for reliability is the way to go.
Old 12-25-2006, 08:59 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 370 Likes on 249 Posts

this single engine /twin engine question will, I guess, never be answered with a bullet proof answer. Never thought about that single drive reliability on a monster engine versus 2 smaller engine and 2 drives... But that is why I guess nobody will ever have the right answer...

Indeed, I still vote for smaller twins. A friend of mine was running alongside with me when I had my 26 foot Chris craft. I had 2 350-320 hp total 640 hp. He was in a PQuest 26 single 454-385 hp. cruising speed was 40-45 mph. On a 2 1/2 hours trip to go and 3 hours back against tide, I spent 5$ more than he did...

So again, I still vote for twins...
Old 12-27-2006, 05:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1HYPER1
Hey Finney,they are not faster than with twins and the maintenance and or the replacement of the drive all the time because you are over powering it.How many hours did you get out the drive,it seems to me the cost and extra engine for reliability is the way to go.
AH! Mr. Weber,
You mean my bone stock bravo 1 with 1.36 gears? That was 2 full seasons...with out a shower, just on the Sunsation. Which is why it finally broke. I went on a long ride at about 4000 r's, that's why it broke.
That was the same bone stock Bravo 1 that was on the Formula with 900hp going through it for at least 3 seasons before that.
So, a total of 5 seasons on one bone stock bravo 1 pushing a 4500 lb and a 5500 lb boat....what was your silly statement again???
Furthermore how is it mathematically possible not to be cheaper to own, maintain and fuel one motor instead of two. And hp for hp in an identical boat not to be faster?

You've been huffin' too much paint, genius. Hey that reminds me, I stopped at your shop twice and you were out both times. Do you ever do any work?

Just for the record I burn a average of 15 gph.

Hope to see you out this summer.
DAVE
Old 12-27-2006, 07:15 PM
Registered

Dave,you only burn 15GPH because you dont go anywhere,you put to Lloyds Creek and you put back.My boat would use about the same amount of fuel also if I used my boat the way you do.I was told that you broke your drive the first time you tried to put the Hp to it.Also the cost you have tied up in that single engine contraption compared to the amount of hours you use it is crazy compaired to a twin application that runs every week,since you are the Genious here,you can figure it out on your own.So Mr Rocket scientist when you get that thing out in the spring and load it with your rocket fuel or whatever it is you have to burn so it does not detonate and melt pistons bring it out and lets run down the Bay to Rock Hall or Red Eyes in the rough or the smooth water it doesnt matter the condition and the last one there buys,and I can assure you one thing,you better bring your wallet.So keep blowin smoke up these guys butts about whatever you want,speed and reliability and lets solve the discussion in the Spring.Stock Bravo,I thought you had a BMax on that thing,see you in the Spring.Bring your Wallet
Oh by the way 2 seasons on the Sunsation for you is what 8 Hours
Old 12-28-2006, 06:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stock Bravo, it's still in the garage. I now have a MMWX. and its been fine.
As far as hrs on the boat, you know why I haven't been out much so you're the one that needs to stop blowing smoke.
Now that you know the real story or if you want to hear the real play by play as to what and why I haven't been out much, you've got my number. Feel free to call.

If you like to run 4000-4500 r's in rough water, have at it. I personally dont. However, I'm more than willing to run with you to see who's faster. That's why we have the boats we do. But, I'm certainly not blowing smoke. It's simple mathematical fact. So I will take the bet that you don't burn 15 gph on average with twins even running conservative like I admit I do. Not with your motors.
I would also venture to bet I have less $ tied up in my motor than you would if you built from scratch like I did.

Furthermore, this board is for information. Information comes in the form of opinions sometimes. If you disagree with my opinion, that's fine but it's not fair to indicate that I'm lying.
So lighten up there body boy.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:47 PM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Single 32's ROCK
I would build another single 32' over a twin 32' anyday, There're better balanced and very nimble, and 79.6 MPH on GPS @4500LBS with a SINGLE STOCK HP500efi was haulin, yes, it did not have a cabin and had a lightweight deck and vynalester resin but it also had 5 bulkheads, 11 engine stringers, 4 full length forward stringers and a side stringer around the inside perimeter, and a 249lb 5-man bolster, so the weight issue would be about the same with a stock production single 32'
It's just MY opinion, and as you know everybody has one.

Dave F, Did you do any bottom mods to yours? If not send me a PM
Attached Thumbnails question for you sunsation folks-mvc-002f.jpg   question for you sunsation folks-mvc-006f.jpg   question for you sunsation folks-erie-glscs.jpg  

Old 12-28-2006, 08:06 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by Lee
Single 32's ROCK
I would build another single 32' over a twin 32' anyday, There're better balanced and very nimble, and 79.6 MPH on GPS @4500LBS with a SINGLE STOCK HP500efi was haulin, yes, it did not have a cabin and had a lightweight deck and vynalester resin but it also had 5 bulkheads, 11 engine stringers, 4 full length forward stringers and a side stringer around the inside perimeter, and a 249lb 5-man bolster, so the weight issue would be about the same with a stock production single 32'
It's just MY opinion, and as you know everybody has one.

Dave F, Did you do any bottom mods to yours? If not send me a PM

GREAT looking boat. Do you still have it?
Old 12-28-2006, 08:50 PM
Registered

Finney boy I am not blowin smoke at anyone,and I will be more than happy to run you but you better put the engine together the correct way this time,because to run to Red Eyes is further than you have ever run that boat and yes I know why you havent used the boat that much,or at least I have heard so when your ready,let me know and I will be there but lets set a date so a bunch of people can be around to hear your excuses of why you cant run it hard or it is to rough,and since you brought it up I dont beat up on my boat in the rough water I just happen to know how to run it if is rough and I dont have drive issues because it is set up with the Proper equipment and the money has been spent in the correct areas because just like you I got tiered of breaking drives/Imco the only way to go,you will see.So come on Spring and lets have at it I would never imply that you are Lying so dont take it that way and I really like your boat so I dont want to get take it the wrong but I do believe that you might have a different look at things after our little run down the bay and you will see that with the twins are the way to go but you might prove me wrong but I doubt it,time will tell there BUDDY BOY

Lee,
That 32 of yours,sweet ride we raced against you in that boat a few times,nice boat.

Last edited by 1HYPER1; 12-28-2006 at 11:04 PM.
Old 12-29-2006, 02:00 AM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Sydwayz, No, I got out of Factory I racing when the Fountain F-1 boat set the APBA kilo record @ 89.4MPH with a "STOCK" Hp500efi That boat acclerated like there was no tomorrow, we were next to them at the start of the Chespeake Challenge in 2000 and they walked away from us like we were standing still.

1HYPER1, Thank you, what boat did you race?

Last edited by Lee; 12-29-2006 at 02:14 AM.
Old 12-29-2006, 10:10 AM
Registered

Lee I was involved with a Tripple engine Pro Stock boat that raced under the Penzoil banner and a 30 Ft Superboat F1 boat.Racing today is not what it was a few years ago,the guy that can spend the most money is usually the guy that wins.

Quick Reply: question for you sunsation folks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.