question for you sunsation folks >

question for you sunsation folks

Notices

question for you sunsation folks

Old 12-29-2006, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: question for you sunsation folks

I wont/dont have any excuses my man. You've known me too long. I shoot straight.
I didn't take it that way but someone reading this who doesn't know that we know each other well enough to bust stones back and forth might.

Now, as far as you wanting to run all the way down to red eyes, (against each other). I'll be more than happy to run WITH YOU and take a few WOT blasts on the way, but I'll admit to you right now I'm not gonna try and run AGAINST you the entire way down.
If I had a solid roller cam I would be more apt to do it, but not with my hydro roller. Plain and simple.
So, having said that, I will buy first round.

You know, there has been mention of what I have in my boat. Why don't you tell our listeners what power you have and what boat you're running so everyone knows how the cards are stacked? You know, give us some stats; weight, pwr, brand, hp, you know all the good stuff.
Because for the record I never said I was faster than YOU. But I do know for a single 32 ft boat, I'm faster than most.

come on spring!!!
Old 12-29-2006, 07:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Lee
Single 32's ROCK
I would build another single 32' over a twin 32' anyday, There're better balanced and very nimble, and 79.6 MPH on GPS @4500LBS with a SINGLE STOCK HP500efi was haulin, yes, it did not have a cabin and had a lightweight deck and vynalester resin but it also had 5 bulkheads, 11 engine stringers, 4 full length forward stringers and a side stringer around the inside perimeter, and a 249lb 5-man bolster, so the weight issue would be about the same with a stock production single 32'
It's just MY opinion, and as you know everybody has one.

Dave F, Did you do any bottom mods to yours? If not send me a PM

Lee,
No I never did any bottom mods. It's right out of the factory.
Old 12-29-2006, 08:07 PM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave F
Lee,
No I never did any bottom mods. It's right out of the factory.
There is a couple of MPH waiting there
Old 12-29-2006, 10:36 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Finney are you making excuses already,Damn you did not even put the engine back together yet and already makin excuses.If you put it together properly it will last,I have a full hydraulic roller set up just like you and no problrms what are you experiencing,lifter failure or what.And the bet is looser buys period and that means the entire tab
Old 12-30-2006, 06:58 PM
Registered

still haven't told everybody what you have yet.

No, I'm not experiencing lifter failure, nor do I want to. Just because you haven't doesent mean I wont.
your valvetrain is not like mine. Why would you go and make a bone head blanket statement like that? You have no idea of the numbers on my cam, or spring pressures.
So it's not excuses I'm making. It's ground rules. Furthermore, what will it prove to race for 30 miles anyway?
Plus, like you said before, I haven't had the chance to use my boat that often the past couple of years. This is the first year that I expect to be able to. I'm more interested in having as much assurance of that as possible.

Now since I see this page has 470 views, I'd like to set the record straight:
1. Stock Bravo 1 drive failed due to no shower after 5 seasons of use with hi hp. No other drive issues.
2. The reasons I haven't used my boat much, (avg. 4-5 outings) for the last 2 seasons.
a. Had a new baby boy in july 05, and a pretty full work schedule
b. 06 season was an extremely full work schedule, and I had ring failure, due to a broken power valve and a sticking float. That simply comes down to stuff happens.

Thats why the motor's apart now. New parts on the way and it will be assembled and re dyno'd for this season and I will reinstall by end of march.

So anyway, lets get back to what YOU have...or should I tell everyone? Then we'll start talking about a bet.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:31 PM
Registered

Bla Bla Bla.I have a 320 Velocity,thats all nothin spectacular,a pair of blower motors,nothin spectacular but thet are built by professionals not just thrown together linked to a pair of Imco Extreme drives turning a pair of 34 pitch 4 blade props and weighs aprox 4900 pds/dry weight of course/the boat colors are white,red black and grey is there anything else I should post about my boat there Finney old buddy.I know about your child its amazing I have two kids my self and they are in the boat every week and I run the boat at different speeds depending on water conditions,that is what those things called throttles are for. But what puzzles me about you is you have a OFFSHORE boat not a drag boat so why would you not equip it to run offshore and be able to use it like it was intended to be used and not have to be very selective about how and when you lean on it.Sure I know your boat is fast,in fact very fast as long as you can have lets say bath tub water and can take your time building speed and why would you not want to run your boat aprox 30 miles for a free lunch since you are going to make it so reliable and have brand new springs and drive and blower belt and and more and more and more so dont keep getting so offensive its all in fun and I cant wait for the spring.
Offshore boat 32 Sunsation
Drag boat 18 foot Allison or an STV
PS / Iboat with two guys with 32 Dominators and they truely are great rough water boats one has blower motors and the other has 496HOs.

Last edited by 1HYPER1; 12-31-2006 at 10:18 AM.
Old 12-31-2006, 11:48 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by 1HYPER1
I have a full hydraulic roller set up just like you and no problrms

Bill,
Unless you have changed the cams in those engines, you don't have hydraulic rollers in those Merc 525SC's. Merc Racing used a flat tappet hydraulic cam from Crane combined with Crane springs and the Gold roller rockers.

The dry weight on a 32 Velocity is closer to 7000 lbs. (FYI)

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 12-31-2006 at 12:06 PM.
Old 12-31-2006, 04:55 PM
Registered

No its a full roller set up now Pete,and I think the dry weight is 4900,but if it is 7000 so be it. And Finney I will just for fun run you from a 40 MPH cruise to 100,what do you think,or are you afraid of a little drag race there BUDDY BOY.Hey pete I heard you are thinking of selling the Fountain is it true.
Old 12-31-2006, 05:32 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by 1HYPER1
No its a full roller set up now. Hey pete I heard you are thinking of selling the Fountain is it true.
So you changed the cams? 7K + - a little, for sure not 4900.

Only for a bigger Fountain, You want to buy another one of my perfect boats? You would look good in a Fountain Bill.

BTW, Happy New Year !!!

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 12-31-2006 at 05:39 PM.
Old 12-31-2006, 06:25 PM
Registered

Happy New Year to you Pete

Quick Reply: question for you sunsation folks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.