Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sunsation
28 sunsation opinions, please help? >

28 sunsation opinions, please help?

Notices
View Poll Results: which would you pick! best paint job?
2001 288 sunsation with 502
100.00%
2003 288 sunsation with 496 HO
0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

28 sunsation opinions, please help?

Old 03-05-2007, 10:19 PM
Emerlad Coast PwrBt club
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 28 sunsation opinions, please help?

Boat #1

http://www.captainschoiceboats.com/boatsforsale.html

Boat #2
http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o13476-en.html

Fellow sunny owners, baja should be gone this weekend, need some help choosing between some 28 sunsations i have picked out as the replacement. The first one a local buddy has at his dealership, nice boat low hrs and great service, however the back hatch is very old school and wife hates it, so it would have to go.. no K-planes either, but not a biggy i can change both out..
The next one is in IL and looks very clean and has a killer stereo system, but has a 502, awesome paint job, and wife loves it, but im asking for you all to toss your opinions in, which paint job do you like, which over all would be the better buy/smarter buy? please feel free to voice opinions, pro's and cons, whatever you like.. thanks in advance!

Last edited by 288sunny; 03-05-2007 at 10:23 PM.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:53 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Illinois boat. If you need someone to bird dog it for you (I assume you do not live in Illinois) let me know. This boat is close to me and Mentalpause and we are always looking for something to do related to boating on the weekends.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:16 AM
Registered

Shaun - I'd go for the boat in Illinois. Great looks, engine hatch that your wife likes (that's extremely important!), and fresh water boat. Does it come with an aluminum trailer? Brakes? At 300 hours you still have a lot of life left in the motor, and the 502's are still great. Is it a closed cool system? Are you going to transport yourself if you buy it? See ya on Saturday night at AJ's!

Mark
Old 03-06-2007, 12:31 PM
Emerlad Coast PwrBt club
Gold Member

Default update

Just so everyone knows, the 03 sunsation is also a fresh water boat that came from ohio, has 93 hrs on the 496Ho motor, and will also get a brand new double axle alum. trailer put under it. but im just curious what everyone thinks about the paint job and everything else. i like both, and if i did get the 03 then a new hatch cover is on order! so tell me what u think.. i do like the fact that on the 01 with a 502 i dont have to dig deap into my pockets to come up with $15k.. but i also would like to support my local sunation dealership, they are top notch, super people, i hate when its this hard..
Old 03-06-2007, 06:38 PM
Emerlad Coast PwrBt club
Gold Member

Default help

any more help, need some opinions?
Old 03-06-2007, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

I agree with others on the Illinois boat. That would be my choice. IMO, better value and cost you less over the long haul. Plus I like the graphics better.

When it really comes down to it, you probably need to pick on condition and upkeep.

Like Knot 4 Me said, this boat is close enough to us we would be happy to make a run to check it out for you this weekend if you want. We can look it over closely and take some more pictures if you are interested.

Just let us know.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:55 PM
Emerlad Coast PwrBt club
Gold Member

Question sunsations awesome!

Just wanted to say thanks to all of you for your help and and offering to go check it out, should it come down to that i will surley get in touch with you and take you up on that offer, as it is very far for me, and of course i would cover your fuel or whatever need be, again thanks so much, i have some tuff choices ahead of me and its hard cause i want to do the right thing and by my buddys here locally at his sunny dealership but like mentalpause said, less money always sounds better.. i hate tuff choices, but need to make a smart one!