Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sunsation
32ss In 3 To 4 Footer's >

32ss In 3 To 4 Footer's

Notices

32ss In 3 To 4 Footer's

Old 06-07-2007, 11:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shawn - Brad at the factory said it was about 5 boats ago (VERY recent). This would make it 32-305 or so. Here's a link to one that got my attention on the Sunsation forums. This prompted me to examine a couple of photos of my boat at the factory more closely, which is when it hit me that this was a different hull I was getting:

3rd pic down -
http://www.sunsationboats.com/forums...ead.php?t=1593

Mentalpause - Wayne mentioned that they did this primarily to gain additional stability at extreme speeds (90+), since everyone is always trying to go faster and faster and Mercruiser seems to be trending towards more and more power out of the big blocks. However, he said that it probably wouldn't make much of a difference in the speed range that my boat will be (stock HO's, mid 80's probably). So in other words, I lost what I thought to be a feature I wanted (true V all the way to the back) for some features I wouldn't even notice or need with the engines I bought.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:22 AM
Registered

I see it...interesting.

Damn - I just made it as I am 32-301
Old 06-08-2007, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

One thing I noticed on the 32SS that was a straight vee at the keel was it's tendency to really roll over to the side if you started to adjust the tabs for wind, quartering seas, weight distribution, etc. My guess is this new bottom will be more foregiving when making tab adjustments. My experience in the Dominator( pad bottom) on many, many LOTO flights was that it landed softly as long as you had the attitude right on launch/ reentry. Some of these flights were a good 6' - 7' in the air.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:06 AM
Registered

Well, I just need to get over this and move on. I'm sure the new hull is a very good one. The pad in question is very small.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:05 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyG
Well, I just need to get over this and move on. I'm sure the new hull is a very good one. The pad in question is very small.
Everyone has their preferences. As Knot for Me said, the pad dominator landed quite well at LOTO. And I am pretty sure the pad on the SS is quite a bit smaller than the dominator had. My F4 has a tendency to lean at speeds below 50, something I have had to adjust to that the dominator never did. So as you indicated earlier in the thread - trade offs.

Good luck. I hope you end up loving it once you drive it.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:48 PM
Registered

Well, thanks to everyone for the feedback. Thanks to everyone at Sunsation too for taking the time to explain to my why/how this happened. I'm feeling much better about this situation overall after speaking with Wayne, CaptDave and Dave at the factory. I'm sure they know what they're doing and I trust that these hull changes are a step forward.

Mike - sorry for highjacking the thread; I figured this info may be relevant to your questions though.

Thanks,
John
Old 06-09-2007, 07:16 PM
Registered

Johnny - I think you are probably better off. To be honest, I would have likely benefited from the pad bottom as I boat primarily on a lake. If Sunsation decided on a change, you have to reassure yourself that it was for the better. I would be interested to see how much better this drives....

Do you guys think this would take out some of the chine walk that is sometimes experienced if not trimmed correctly?
Old 06-10-2007, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Shawn, you back on the water? We are going to be at the lake this coming weekend and the next several in a row as Brando's spring baseball season just ended.

I NEED to ride in that rocket!!!
Old 06-10-2007, 11:22 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Ca$hed Out
Johnny - I think you are probably better off. To be honest, I would have likely benefited from the pad bottom as I boat primarily on a lake. If Sunsation decided on a change, you have to reassure yourself that it was for the better. I would be interested to see how much better this drives....

Do you guys think this would take out some of the chine walk that is sometimes experienced if not trimmed correctly?
It will help with stability.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Saw 4 32 Sunsations this weekend at the Jax Poker run running outside back to Jacksonville from St Augustine after lunch. 3 were non-ss boats and 1 was a 32 SS MCOB, they all looked great in 1-3 ft seas with a lot of cross waves from the boat traffic. One guy was riding along side the F4 in an older 32 at 100 MPH! We could not pull away from that boat! Turns out he is running a pair of Tyler Crockett 500's.

Quick Reply: 32ss In 3 To 4 Footer's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.