Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    NoQuarter

Question for Sunsation Factory

Hello,

I have been looking at the 288 Closed Bow for sometime, it's definately on my list. I have noticed that the trim tabs are mounted somewhat closer to the outdrive than most other installations I have seen.

What is the net effect of having this placement?

Thx!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Platinum Member Platinum Member Mentalpause's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarab22-1998 View Post
    Hello,

I have been looking at the 288 Closed Bow for sometime, it's definately on my list. I have noticed that the trim tabs are mounted somewhat closer to the outdrive than most other installations I have seen.

What is the net effect of having this placement?

Thx!
    You may want to call the factory - 810 794 4888. Ask for Joe or Wayne (owners). They will talk to you and tell you exactly why they chose that location.
    Last edited by Mentalpause; 10-18-2007 at 08:50 PM.

Rough Seas Lie Ahead Gold Member Reckless32's Avatar
    I would suspect due to when running on plane especially on smooth water the boat sits high enough to have the tabs further out would render them somewhat ineffective. The higher the boat rises runs out of water (= speed) the closer to the center the planse need to be. Plus since they are 280 K-planes (too much for a single 28 application in my opinion) where a lot of tab is available to contact water, it exacerbates the situation....Just my casual observer opinion.
    I HAVE NO TIME NOR THE INCLINATION TO EXPLAIN MYSELF TO THOSE WHO SLEEP UNDER THE BLANKET OF THE VERY FREEDOM THAT I PROVIDE, THEN QUESTIONS THE MANNER IN WHICH I PROVIDE IT - (A Few Good Men)

Platinum Member Platinum Member Knot 4 Me's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Old/Heavy/Slow
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless32 View Post
    I would suspect due to when running on plane especially on smooth water the boat sits high enough to have the tabs further out would render them somewhat ineffective. The higher the boat rises runs out of water (= speed) the closer to the center the planse need to be. Plus since they are 280 K-planes (too much for a single 28 application in my opinion) where a lot of tab is available to contact water, it exacerbates the situation....Just my casual observer opinion.
    Sunsation went to 280's standard on all their boats due to the warranty problems encountered with Bennett tabs. They also make the boat perform much better. They are not too much tab if used properly.