Notices

43 F-4

Old 02-19-2008, 02:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In addition to the weight question, what is the overall length and height of the F-4 on a trailer?
Old 02-19-2008, 04:02 PM
Emerlad Coast PwrBt club
Gold Member

Default F4 best in the boat world!

Huge thumbs up and a big ditto to what jupiter said, i couldnt agree more with him and i would like to add, joe is a wonderful person as well to work with and will give you all the ins and outs on anything, one thing i can promise you, if u buy a cig or a no-tech u wont be getting the owners cell phone #'s, and you wont be near as happy, nor will you be getting the pride thats put into every boat they build! GO SUNSATION!
Old 02-19-2008, 05:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PremierPOWER
Disregard my last PM, I hadnt read this yet so was confused. Im hearing good things about the F-4. I think we are leaning towards it the most. The engine cabinet and engine hatch underside is probably the most exotic I have ever seen. We love the stringer setup, how it isnt wood. We have had a lot of stringer rotting issues with our Donzi so no wood in the stringers is a plus for us. I also like the fact that it has the 1100 check off thing where the employee signs for each thing they do on every boat. If they are signing their name, chances are they are going to do a better job to make sure its right. This spring I think we will be making a trip to detroit for the factory tour and hopefully a sea trial if it is possible. Has anyone actually weighed there boat on a the scales and subtracted the trailer weight? I have seen several different numbers for weight. What trucks are people using to pull these?
The ones we put in the water with our forklift are right around 11,700 with some fuel. We tow with F-650's but most are done with 350's. The key is to put it on a good trailer that is balanced correctly with good tires and axels. The CULT 43 was just under 12,000 but it has a generator.
Attached Thumbnails 43 F-4-sidelift.jpg  
Old 02-19-2008, 05:39 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Disregard my last PM, I hadnt read this yet so was confused. Im hearing good things about the F-4. I think we are leaning towards it the most. The engine cabinet and engine hatch underside is probably the most exotic I have ever seen. We love the stringer setup, how it isnt wood. We have had a lot of stringer rotting issues with our Donzi so no wood in the stringers is a plus for us. I also like the fact that it has the 1100 check off thing where the employee signs for each thing they do on every boat. If they are signing their name, chances are they are going to do a better job to make sure its right. This spring I think we will be making a trip to detroit for the factory tour and hopefully a sea trial if it is possible. Has anyone actually weighed there boat on a the scales and subtracted the trailer weight? I have seen several different numbers for weight. What trucks are people using to pull these?
Mine has around 100 hours on it. No problems with the E-plex. Ride in the rough water is outstanding.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:31 PM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

We would be getting a Myco trailer for sure. Love the one our Formula is on. We tow with a 2007 Chevy DRW 3500 with a putnam hitch. Looks like the boat only weighs about 1000lbs more than our formula and our truck tows that just fine.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:53 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i would trade my sunsation in on an F4 in a heartbeat. I got to meet the factory guys at LOTO and it amazed me that they both remembered my boat leaving the factory (its a 1993 model!) and told me the names of the last 3 owners and the history of what motors it had and on and on..

If only my paycheck could support an F4, id live in one! I want the green one from LOTO..
Old 02-19-2008, 07:16 PM
Registered

We would be getting a Myco trailer for sure. Love the one our Formula is on. We tow with a 2007 Chevy DRW 3500 with a putnam hitch. Looks like the boat only weighs about 1000lbs more than our formula and our truck tows that just fine.
We have pulled a Formula 382 with the Chevy DRW Duramax on an Eagle trailer. Then pulled the F4. Very similar pull. The Chevy is a good vehicle for pulling it. The larger trucks like Hideaway stated would be a better choice for the longer hauls in my opinion.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:54 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Hey Premier, I took a 2007 43 in on trade for a Nor Tech,I have a 2007 43' w/700's about 50 hrs....I'll take your Formula on trade...I have a customer looking for a FASTECH and sold the two I had.You will NOT find a better price on a like new used boat!!! If you are looking for a great deal on a Sunsation call me, Marc @ FASTBOATS 269.208.5321 cell

Last edited by crazyfast; 03-01-2008 at 08:57 AM.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

Thanks, but we are wanting a new boat
Old 03-02-2008, 09:50 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

I appreciate the fact that a new boat gives you exactly what you order, the majority of hrs put on the boat were hrs from the factory, but if you are looking to save 100-125k call me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.