Joined the family >

Joined the family

Notices

Joined the family

Old 03-18-2008, 04:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Joined the family

Well I just joined the family. I had always wanted a 288. In my search for 28' boats I owned a 28 Nordic Heat and a ZT 280 Checkmate, never closed the deal on a 288 Intimidator. Well instead of a 288 I bought a 1999 32' Dominator. So far the factory service has been excellent. Can't wait for the weather to break so I can the new boat. I am sure some will ask what motors I have, the boat has 7.4's. Not my first choice of engines but that can be changed if I find it necessary. The boat is at Mitcher T's shop right now gettting a few minor touch ups so these are the only pics I have right now.
Attached Thumbnails Joined the family-dsc00428-2-.jpg   Joined the family-dsc00431-2-.jpg   Joined the family-dsc00433-2-.jpg  

Old 03-18-2008, 04:56 PM
Registered

A few questions for all the sunsation experts.

1. How many if any cup holders in the cabin?
2. What props should I start with with 7.4 mpis?

I have a set of 25 mirages and I have access to a buddies 24 hydromotive 4 blades.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:21 PM
Registered

Sorry I cant help with your Questions I'm fairly new around here myself.Just wanted to say it is a nice looking boat and good luck with it.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by live wire
Sorry I cant help with your Questions I'm fairly new around here myself.Just wanted to say it is a nice looking boat and good luck with it.
Thanks. I am definately not new to boating, but new to Sunsation. This is my 4th performance boat in six years and I have been boating since I was an infant. BTW I love the colors of your boat, very classy. That thing is going to be nasty with the raylar kit. Any predictions on top end speeds with 525 hp?
Old 03-18-2008, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
Well I just joined the family. I had always wanted a 288. In my search for 28' boats I owned a 28 Nordic Heat and a ZT 280 Checkmate, never closed the deal on a 288 Intimidator. Well instead of a 288 I bought a 1999 32' Dominator. So far the factory service has been excellent. Can't wait for the weather to break so I can the new boat. I am sure some will ask what motors I have, the boat has 7.4's. Not my first choice of engines but that can be changed if I find it necessary. The boat is at Mitcher T's shop right now gettting a few minor touch ups so these are the only pics I have right now.
Magic,
Congratulations on your purchase. Sunsation has always been one of my favorites. The 32 Dominator is a beautiful boat that runs as good as it looks or so I am told.
Rob
Old 03-18-2008, 06:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RJBBC
Magic,
Congratulations on your purchase. Sunsation has always been one of my favorites. The 32 Dominator is a beautiful boat that runs as good as it looks or so I am told.
Rob
Thanks Bro. I will give you an unbiased report this summer. I have seen plenty of them run and ran next to a few, from what I can see they run really well.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
Thanks. I am definately not new to boating, but new to Sunsation. This is my 4th performance boat in six years and I have been boating since I was an infant. BTW I love the colors of your boat, very classy. That thing is going to be nasty with the raylar kit. Any predictions on top end speeds with 525 hp?
Thanks, I also have been around boats since birth myself and a couple years running search & rescue boats for the CG.But this is my first performance boat and I got to tell you it is the best toy I've ever owned .As for speed, from what I hearing I would be LUCKY to see 80. But Mahopac Marine has a couple tricks up there sleve so we will see.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:32 PM
jns
Registered

Magic,
Great looking boat! Congrats!
I have a Heat now and browsing around. What is it you like about the Sunny vs the Heat? Any Heat issues?
Tom at Mahopac says mid 80's with HO's.
Jeff
Old 03-18-2008, 08:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jns
Magic,
Great looking boat! Congrats!
I have a Heat now and browsing around. What is it you like about the Sunny vs the Heat? Any Heat issues?
Tom at Mahopac says mid 80's with HO's.
Jeff
I liked the lines of my heat, it was a pretty sharp boat. Turns head everywhere I took it. Boats in general just don't hold my interest very long. I had a Heat in the price range that was easy to sell so I sold it. I wanted a boat that was faster and mine needed steering, exhaust before I started on building a motor. I didn't want to sink that kind of coin in a boat that I wouldn't get back so I bought a Checkmate with a 500efi.

As far as Sunsation, like I said before I have always liked them and wanted one when I bought my Nordic. The lines are great and they are fast on stock power. They hold the value well. Whats not to love.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:28 PM
jns
Registered

Yes I agree the Nordic lines are the sharpest. We have considered a Flame but are a little concerned about being too big. We trailer daily on weekends but live only 3 blocks from ramp. Have thought about another Heat or new 29 with 525 but girls want PP. Going to Nordic to test drive Flame in week or two but stiil think I should check out a 32 SSMCOB. Seems it could be a nice compromise in length and still has PP.
We are boating on the Ohio so all of these boats are way overkill.
Thanks for your input. Every bit helps!

Quick Reply: Joined the family

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.