Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sunsation
Buying a sunsation 32 Dominator? >

Buying a sunsation 32 Dominator?

Notices

Buying a sunsation 32 Dominator?

Old 02-26-2002, 03:17 AM
darkxer

Default Buying a sunsation 32 Dominator?

Looking to buy a 29-32 foot performance boat.

The Sunsation seams like a well made boat with all the choices anyone could want, along with the personal touch for service.

The boat also seams fairly light.
My question is how well will this boat handle New England Offshore waves? 2-3 chops, sometimes 6 foot chops.
Am I better off getting a heavier boat like the formula fastech.

I would apreciate any input on this..
Also does anyone ever experience hull problems or cheap materials used in the cockpit or cabin?

Just making sure it's not anything like bajas =)

Old 02-28-2002, 07:11 AM
kook

No major complaints about build quality and hull integrity here... 2001 25' Aggressor in Ches Bay - 3'ers are very common. Fells solid when landing. .02

Old 02-28-2002, 07:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 98, 32’, and it is a very light boat for 32’ & to tell the truth, that was probably the deciding factor in buying the boat. But, "I" do most of my boating on lakes with, typically, smoother water than you will probably see. So for me it was perfect. The light hull out runs other boats with the same power, I think the next lightest is Fountain @ 7200lb. At least that’s what my friend claims, he has one and I have a good 4mph on him (same year & same exact power), I believe it’s the weight difference. The thing’s a rocket. As for rough seas the worst I have been in was 5’ @ lake mead when a storm rolled in, with the drives and the tabs mostly down it handled the waves pretty well (about 50mph into), but with that much trim it does tend to bow steer a bit which I didn’t like. As far as the hull, it’s pretty solid, do a little research, because I can’t remember everything they do. But I do know they use ¾”bulsa as a core which makes it strong & light. Even when I launch & get some good air there’s no rattling. I’ve never spent much time in a Baja, so I can’t do any real comparison there. I don’t want this to sound like a sales pitch, but I will say one more thing, I’ve owned 7 boats, this one is the most enjoyable to drive, every one wants to get behind the wheel. I have put about 500 hours on it, with no real complaints yet. I guess it all depends on what you want, like you said the heaver the boat the better it’s going to handle the big stuff.
Old 03-01-2002, 08:26 PM
Sunsation 32

I've got a 2001 32 for sale if you are interested. E mail me at [email protected].