Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27
  1. #1
    Registered
    My Boats:
    1993 271 sr-1 formula
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    lake norman nc
    Posts
    162

    Looking to buy a 288 mcob need some help.

    I got a 27' formula 271, w/ a blower motor looking to a 2003-06 sunsation what to expect? I live close to Lake Norman Nc and was in the fun run and would like to meet w/ the owner of a 288 cb.I just would like to see it in person before I make the drive to Fla or Lake cumberland

  2. #2
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    7,036
    Call the Factory Monday (make that Tuesday, the Sunsation Rally was this weekend): 810-794-4888 and ask for Joe. He is the owner and can probably tell you who in your area has a 288. If you make it to Emerald Coast Poker Run in Destin there will be a huge Sunsation group (their best selling dealer is Capt's Choice in Ft Walton Beach). Last year they had a Sunsation Fun Run the day before the poker run.
    The 28 and 32 have the identical cockpit from the dash back to the transom and McCleod did 90% of the interiors after 03/04 (it is an option but seems most get it). Check out www.sunsationboats.com and ask if there are any in your area to check out. Also be on the lookout for some leftover 07's that are new/unsold stock. The pre-05 hull was not a full step but the 05 and newer have a full step across the bottom.

  3. #3
    Registered
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    789
    I just bought an 05 288 but it's not an open bow. I love it! I am west of Atlanta...if nothings closer you are welcome to take a look. It's on the way to Captain's Choice where I purchased mine. They are great people to work with and had a good selection last month when I was there!

  4. #4
    Registered
    My Boats:
    1993 271 sr-1 formula
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    lake norman nc
    Posts
    162
    I've talked to Mitch@ captains Call and he has one 03 C.B. poker run edition. It has a 496 ho w/ 275 hrs. What do you think top speed is on that drive train?

  5. #5
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    7,036
    Quote Originally Posted by mj2562@bellsouth.net View Post
    I've talked to Mitch@ captains Call and he has one 03 C.B. poker run edition. It has a 496 ho w/ 275 hrs. What do you think top speed is on that drive train?
    High 60's, a 496 Mag will be mid 60's.

  6. #6
    Registered
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    789
    I haven't really found out with mine. The GPS speedo isn't getting a signal and I haven't had a chance to mess with it. The recall shows 68 but it might do a wee bit more according to others. It might run 70-72. The 05 hull is supposed to be a little faster than the 03 hull.

  7. #7
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    7,036
    Quote Originally Posted by pachanga View Post
    I haven't really found out with mine. The GPS speedo isn't getting a signal and I haven't had a chance to mess with it. The recall shows 68 but it might do a wee bit more according to others. It might run 70-72. The 05 hull is supposed to be a little faster than the 03 hull.
    If the recall shows 68 that would be high 60's

    A 525 boat runs low 70's so I don't think you can pick up 5 mph with a new prop, downwind, down current, trimmed to the moon with a 496 HO!

  8. #8
    Commercial Member Commercial Member bbraun's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Sunsation
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Norfolk, Va
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by mj2562@bellsouth.net View Post
    I got a 27' formula 271, w/ a blower motor looking to a 2003-06 sunsation what to expect? I live close to Lake Norman Nc and was in the fun run and would like to meet w/ the owner of a 288 cb.I just would like to see it in person before I make the drive to Fla or Lake cumberland
    If you are still looking we have a 2007 leftover 288MCOB in stock w zero hours and a full warranty.We are located in Norfolk, Va. We are the closest dealer to you. We just sold a used 32SS to the Schulze's in Lake Norman, NC.If we can do anything to help you please let me know. William
    The race never stops!
    [COLOR="Red"]WWW.HMBOATS.COM

  9. #9
    Registered
    My Boats:
    01 Sunsation 288
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    powhatan, Va.
    Posts
    57
    I have a 2001 288 w/500efi for sale here in Virginia. Feel free to contact me for more info
    Curtis 804-337-0124

  10. #10
    Registered IM4A2Z's Avatar
    My Boats:
    05 Sunsation 288 w/525efi
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Carrollton, TX
    Posts
    256
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation View Post
    If the recall shows 68 that would be high 60's

    A 525 boat runs low 70's so I don't think you can pick up 5 mph with a new prop, downwind, down current, trimmed to the moon with a 496 HO!
    An '05 with a 525 run's high 70's to 80mph.

    Mine's for SALE if your interested?
    Last edited by IM4A2Z; 07-28-2008 at 04:28 PM.


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Baja 25 Outlaw vs Sunsation 288 MCOB
    By bimmerboy318 in forum Baja
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-06-2011, 06:25 PM
  2. 288 MCOB questions... top speed? resale?
    By bimmerboy318 in forum Sunsation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-28-2008, 09:18 PM
  3. Anybody know this Sunsation 288 MCOB for sale?
    By bimmerboy318 in forum General Boating Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-28-2008, 05:46 PM
  4. Some pic's of the 08 SSR and 288 MCOB
    By SPEEDJUNKIES750 in forum Sunsation
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-30-2007, 09:00 PM
  5. Care to share your thoughts on Sunsation 288 MCOB?
    By bimmerboy318 in forum General Boating Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-24-2007, 08:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertisers


OSO Directory
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:14 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Original Poster In Postbit provided by Original Poster In Postbit v1.0.0 (Free) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.