Notices

nice guys

Old 09-21-2008, 09:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nice guys

just met the Sunsation guys at the Norwalk boat show sat. Definetly class A people, not to mention they make a great looking boat. The black F4 was there they run and me and the wife (and baby) went aboard. All I can say is SWEEEEET!They say it was there first F4 produced and are asking 400K?With 200 hours those 700's,they are soon in need of some work.Theres a new one in the classifieds for 399k I think. Although way out of my price range still a nice ride. anybody here have one?
Old 09-21-2008, 09:50 PM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Saw that black one at the Cumberland Poker Run that boat is very very nice!!!!
Old 09-22-2008, 06:58 AM
Registered

Received 886 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by tcuda499
just met the Sunsation guys at the Norwalk boat show sat. Definetly class A people, not to mention they make a great looking boat. The black F4 was there they run and me and the wife (and baby) went aboard. All I can say is SWEEEEET!They say it was there first F4 produced and are asking 400K?With 200 hours those 700's,they are soon in need of some work.Theres a new one in the classifieds for 399k I think. Although way out of my price range still a nice ride. anybody here have one?
Well glad you liked the boats and the people. You got some of the facts wrong. The Green/Black F4 was hull #4 or 5. Hull number one was red/white and the only F4 built with 600's. The one in the classifieds is hull #2 and is used/ was traded for a 36 NT Cat with 1150's (owners didn't think 100 was fast enough in the F4). A new F4 will run in excess of 550K with 700's. There have been 11 built so far, 9 of which are 700 boats, one 600 boat and one 1075 boat. The guy who owns the 1075 boat built one with 700's first and loved it so he built a 1075 boat for the 2nd one.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:06 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Hull #1. Soon to be on the way out to Havasu, supposed to get an HP and drive upgrade. I'm still partial to the white and grey interior instead of the silver, but clearly that is a minority opinion.
Attached Thumbnails nice guys-test-drive-024.jpg   nice guys-test-drive-027.jpg   nice guys-test-drive-029.jpg  

Old 09-22-2008, 06:52 PM
Registered

the rep there told me the black was the first,he's one of the main guys there and is on the DVD. guess he was mistaken. Oh well still pretty cool people.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:29 PM
Registered

the rep there told me the black was the first,he's one of the main guys there and is on the DVD. guess he was mistaken. Oh well still pretty cool people.
I believe you were speaking to Dave Donchecz who was supporting us from the factory. (He is featured on the Sunsation DVD as well.) I remember speaking with you briefly and meeting your family.

Thank you again for coming out to see the F4. I will give you a call tomorrow so I can answer any of your other questions.

Mental and Jupiter are definitely spot on. Those two gentlemen are a wealth of Sunsation knowledge. Thanks guys.

Charlie

Last edited by MahopacMarine; 09-22-2008 at 07:31 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:57 PM
Registered

Also, to let you know about the black F4. It is the only one built, as far as I know, with the ultralight top deck. Not sure exactly what it is made out of, but it is an option, and not a cheap one either. Makes the boat a little faster.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:18 PM
Registered

Received 886 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by MahopacMarine
I believe you were speaking to Dave Donchecz who was supporting us from the factory. (He is featured on the Sunsation DVD as well.)
Donchecz? He doesn't even work there! He is a guy they subcontract the boat detailing to during the shows! He hasn't even riden on a boat nevermind an F4. He used to be homeless before the Sunsation guys found him at a park near a boat ramp and gave him something to do!

Actually Dave posts here as Capt. Dave and is the COO of Sunsation. Dave knows everybody in the powerboat business and the in's/out's of every powerboat on the market new or used!
Old 09-23-2008, 07:27 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Back to the subject of this thread...

The Mahopac guys are top notch. I have known them for about a year now and they are a gret group to hang out with. On Saturday I headed over to the Glen Cove Poker Run. I had never been there before and I missed the turn into the channel. I ran into some shallow water, sucked up some sand and fried my water pump/impeller. The Glen Cove PD towed me to the Poker Run docks where I had a part waiting. Charlie from Mahopac was waiting at the docks to help. I didn't even know where the water pump was, so Charlie showed me and I started to unbolt the thing. Everyone was yelling at me to go register, so I left the boat to take a leak and sign up. I was gone for about 5 minutes and when I got back down to the boat, Charlie was laying across my back seat taking the pump off. He put the new impeller kit together and started to help me get the thing back in before he had to leave for the run on a customers boat. Somebody else helped me finish off the job, but without Charlie's help I would have missed the whole run(I ended up being about 20 mins late). So, thanks again Charlie, you guys run a top-notch business. And I don't even own a Sunsation! See you in Lake George.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Donchecz? He doesn't even work there! He is a guy they subcontract the boat detailing to during the shows! He hasn't even riden on a boat nevermind an F4. He used to be homeless before the Sunsation guys found him at a park near a boat ramp and gave him something to do!

Actually Dave posts here as Capt. Dave and is the COO of Sunsation. Dave knows everybody in the powerboat business and the in's/out's of every powerboat on the market new or used!
And here he is at his finest!!!
Attached Thumbnails nice guys-dsc00135-small-.jpg   nice guys-dsc00136-small-.jpg   nice guys-dsc00137-small-.jpg  

Quick Reply: nice guys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.