Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sunsation
Trimming an Aggressor without a Tab Indicator >

Trimming an Aggressor without a Tab Indicator

Notices

Trimming an Aggressor without a Tab Indicator

Old 05-04-2009, 03:24 PM
NoQuarter

Default Trimming an Aggressor without a Tab Indicator

I am the proud owner of a new-to-me '02, 496 Aggressor. I took her out alone yesterday to begin getting a feel for it. I was playing around with the tabs and different drive trims, never exceeding 40Mph, except one quick burst to 60Mph in ideal conditions.

I've read ton about trimming and know most of the theory. But without an indicator, I am concerned that one tab may be lower than the other, and this could produce unexpected results at speed.

Any thoughts?

btw, this thing feels like a 28' after six seasons in a Scarab 22. And the pull of the motor is simply unbelievable compared to my Scarab 454 with about a thousand hours. I absolutely LOVE the F-ing thing!
Attached Thumbnails Trimming an Aggressor without a Tab Indicator-top-shot.jpg   Trimming an Aggressor without a Tab Indicator-motor-shot.jpg   Trimming an Aggressor without a Tab Indicator-ass-shot.jpg  

Trimming an Aggressor without a Tab Indicator-mitcher-t.jpg   Trimming an Aggressor without a Tab Indicator-psi.jpg  

Old 05-04-2009, 09:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 95 non step, 25 aggressor. I almost never move my starboard tab,when the boats out of the water move the tabs and see how much they move with aflick of the button. With some seat time you'll get the feel. Take a straight edge and see how many bumps it takes to get there. I put a block on the starboard so it can never go above that. starting at the top before you take off gives you a referance point. Or you can do what I did. Install tab indicators.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:00 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Nice boat. I would refrain from running the motor with the drive in the trailer position. That is hell on the u-joints.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:09 PM
NoQuarter

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Nice boat. I would refrain from running the motor with the drive in the trailer position. That is hell on the u-joints.
Thanks for the tip! Will do!

Old 05-05-2009, 02:10 PM
Registered

With a smaller boat like that you should be able to trim by 'feel'. I don't have indicators but I just run that tabs according to conditions and the attitude of the boat itself.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:17 PM
NoQuarter

Originally Posted by c_deezy
With a smaller boat like that you should be able to trim by 'feel'. I don't have indicators but I just run that tabs according to conditions and the attitude of the boat itself.
Yes, I think you're right. Took it out again this AM for 1.6 hours of running time. I really got it dialed-in today, across a range of conditions. Feeling much better now. I think in a few more hours of seat time I will have it down, by July have all conditions mastered. Thx

Old 05-05-2009, 05:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Scarab22-1998
Yes, I think you're right. Took it out again this AM for 1.6 hours of running time. I really got it dialed-in today, across a range of conditions. Feeling much better now. I think in a few more hours of seat time I will have it down, by July have all conditions mastered. Thx
See all you need is seat time !! The 24 degree hull loves the rough. Just be careful with the drive trim,over trimming and hitting a big wave will throw your nose high ,bin there done that !! It's like driving a corvette that you can take your friends in . FYI Sunsation stopped making the 25. So it's not likely you'r going to run into too many.