Sunsation 288 ??? >

Sunsation 288 ???

Notices

Sunsation 288 ???

Old 09-08-2009, 02:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sunsation 288 ???

Hi guys looking to buy a boat in the next few months but starting my research. I was looking at 26 Baja Outlaws and then looking at the 27 Fountain Fever.

But something keep pulling me to the Sunsation 288. I am looking for information from owners of these boats. I think these are some of the best looking boats I have ever seen. I have a few questions

1. 496 HO what is the true speed with this power?
2. What is the weight of these boats?
3. Is a 496 HO enough motor?
4. What is the difference between a 288s performance and a 288ssr ?
5. I am NOT lookin for info on a MCOB.
6. Any changes between 2006 and 2009?
7. How is build quality?
8. Does any one in Florida sell these boats?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for any help you may be able to provide. I hope to be part of the Sunsation family soon.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:20 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't own one, but this is the boat I am trying to get my Dad to upgrade to. It is one of only a few boats he is considering. I've been inside a couple of them...very nice!

-Runs about 70 with an HO, 80 with a 525
-I believe the last tweaks to the bottom were done in 05.
-build quality is awesome. Even better is the factory support that you get. You can call up the owners and they will actually talk to you. Met them at a poker run and down in Key West...good guys.
-Performance S version is a somewhat stripped down version(minimal cabin) for an extra MPH or two. SSR I believe is the top of the line model with all the bells and whistles. You may want to look into the new XRT model...it has some out of the ordinary deck styling that I like a lot.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dennis1009
Hi guys looking to buy a boat in the next few months but starting my research. I was looking at 26 Baja Outlaws and then looking at the 27 Fountain Fever.

But something keep pulling me to the Sunsation 288. I am looking for information from owners of these boats. I think these are some of the best looking boats I have ever seen. I have a few questions

1. 496 HO what is the true speed with this power?
2. What is the weight of these boats?
3. Is a 496 HO enough motor?
4. What is the difference between a 288s performance and a 288ssr ?
5. I am NOT lookin for info on a MCOB.
6. Any changes between 2006 and 2009?
7. How is build quality?
8. Does any one in Florida sell these boats?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for any help you may be able to provide. I hope to be part of the Sunsation family soon.

I have an 04 288 MCOB and love the boat. I agree with everything that was said above..

1. I have run a best of 69.3 GPS, or maybe it was .7 and my boat is LOADED, fridge, etc.
2. Don't know exact weight, but MCOB is a tad heavier so closed bow would be a tic quicker.
3. HO is plenty of motor for this boat. You will be very happy with the acceleration.
4. Exactly what he said above, stripped down, lighter version.
5. - Ok none given.. lol
6. 05 and newer gets a full step, good for 1~2mph.
7. Can't be beat, go look for yourself.
8. I live in Florida. Call Mitch at Captains Choice in Destin, FL. He will take good care of you.

Jack
Old 09-08-2009, 05:59 PM
Registered

I don't think you can find a better boat for the money than Sunsation. I shopped Fountain, Donzi and Formula before settling on a 2005 32 Dominator with twin 496HOs. I've had it to 77 mph on GPS and could probably hit 80 with a light load and the right conditions. I spend most of my time between 3000-4000 rpm and that's good for 50-65 mph. A friend of mine has a 2008 288 MCOB and has seen 68 mph on GPS. The 288 is listed at 4500 lbs and the 496HO is an ideal motor for this boat. Build quality IMO is better than Fountain and Baja and the customer support is second to none. I met Joe and Wayne at the Emerald Coast Poker Run and they're a great bunch of guys. As for dealers in FL there are none better than Captain's Choice in Ft Walton Beach. Mitch and Gary will bend over backwards to help you and make sure you're happy. Jump on the Sunsation Forum http://www.sunsationboats.com/forums/index.php and introduce yourself. I'm sure you'll get lots of help. Here's a link to Captain's Choice Boats: http://captainschoiceboats.com/
Old 09-09-2009, 06:57 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

i own the first 288 ssr mcob and i had the 496ho in it. the boat is a slug with the 496...upgrade to the 525 the motor is so much stronger. the boat without any tweaks or anything did 80 on GPS with the 525.....its worth the money...i think also the mcob is a better deal cuz you can keep it as a closed deck while running hard but also fit the the more people for the family and friends....but the closed bow is also nice
Old 09-09-2009, 03:25 PM

I know of a performance edition that runs 80 with a 496 and it is a 2009 for sale owner is looking to sell PM me for details the boat is freakin awesome
Old 09-09-2009, 04:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sunsation96
I know of a performance edition that runs 80 with a 496 and it is a 2009 for sale owner is looking to sell PM me for details the boat is freakin awesome
I know the boat. It is awesome. I actually just got an e mail from him. Thanks.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dennis1009
I know the boat. It is awesome. I actually just got an e mail from him. Thanks.
Let me know if there's any more you'd like to know.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by MattBMiller
Let me know if there's any more you'd like to know.
Yes I have a question I heard that the owner drives like a girl is this true