Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sunsation
looking for insight on Innovator...Can you help? >

looking for insight on Innovator...Can you help?

Notices

looking for insight on Innovator...Can you help?

Old 11-11-2010, 06:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for insight on Innovator...Can you help?

I am looking to purchase an Innovator and was looking for someone who has been in one that could answer some questions for me. Do you know anyone that has one? How well has it held up? My only real concern is the design. And only for resale and ability to get parts if dash design fails am I concerned. Is there any rattling or flexing of the dash when running? How solid does the dash seem when locked down? Other than that, I absolutely love the boat. Spoke to Wayne at Sunsation about the design and he was extremely informative about the boat. If I don't buy this boat, I would like to still have a Sunsation just for that reason. Customer service is key to a great company and Wayne and team surpass that. Thanks for your time Wayne.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jeepster04
I am looking to purchase an Innovator and was looking for someone who has been in one that could answer some questions for me. Do you know anyone that has one? How well has it held up? My only real concern is the design. And only for resale and ability to get parts if dash design fails am I concerned. Is there any rattling or flexing of the dash when running? How solid does the dash seem when locked down? Other than that, I absolutely love the boat. Spoke to Wayne at Sunsation about the design and he was extremely informative about the boat. If I don't buy this boat, I would like to still have a Sunsation just for that reason. Customer service is key to a great company and Wayne and team surpass that. Thanks for your time Wayne.
call highway marine in quakertown, pa., and ask to speak to Gary. he has been running one since new and probably could give you a good idea about the boat. his boat has twin 525. I think Shogren also has one for sale.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:19 PM
Registered

Wow, that's what I needed. I will call him tomorrow. Yeah, the one I am considering is the one at Shogren. What do ya think of it. It will be my first powerboat. I have seen mixed reviews on the Innovator. A really big thanks for your help.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:52 PM
Registered

Received 886 Likes on 481 Posts

Call the factory next week and talk to Joe. He will answer any questions you have about this or any other Sunsation.

There was one involved in a serious accident and the dash stayed together nicely......
Old 11-13-2010, 11:49 PM
Registered

Jupiter, do you happen to know where this boat was wrecked at? I am looking at a boat that was purchased originally from Grandsport center, but can't find out any info on the wrecked unit. Went and looked at it today and did learn there was some fiberglass damage on the starboard side near the back of the boat on the outside of the gunnel. Looked to be repaired well and boat was painted completely. About the size of a softball. I am hoping that someone that knows the owner or owner would see this and tell me what unit this was. The unit I am looking at is #5 and I did speak with the owner of #6. The second owner of the unit I am looking at bought the boat damaged and had it fixed. I am afraid that the insurance check will not tell me anything because he bought the boat damaged and couldn't claim on insurance, so therefore no record. Frustrating! I did call the factory and spoke w/ Wayne. Real good people there. He was the one that told me of the wrecked unit.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:42 AM
Registered

Received 886 Likes on 481 Posts

Search for the Sunsation wreck Chain of Lakes accident....

I don't think they could have put that one back together, it rolled and landed in shallow water!
Old 11-14-2010, 02:35 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

I spoke with someone who has one last summer and he was having major electrical issues with the doors.
Old 11-14-2010, 03:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Sunsation

If you call our store and ask greg for current owners name that would be good start. I believe he is the one that had repairs done and also has copy of current survey.

Regards,

Scott Shogren
847-336-9037
www.teamshogren.com

Originally Posted by jeepster04
Jupiter, do you happen to know where this boat was wrecked at? I am looking at a boat that was purchased originally from Grandsport center, but can't find out any info on the wrecked unit. Went and looked at it today and did learn there was some fiberglass damage on the starboard side near the back of the boat on the outside of the gunnel. Looked to be repaired well and boat was painted completely. About the size of a softball. I am hoping that someone that knows the owner or owner would see this and tell me what unit this was. The unit I am looking at is #5 and I did speak with the owner of #6. The second owner of the unit I am looking at bought the boat damaged and had it fixed. I am afraid that the insurance check will not tell me anything because he bought the boat damaged and couldn't claim on insurance, so therefore no record. Frustrating! I did call the factory and spoke w/ Wayne. Real good people there. He was the one that told me of the wrecked unit.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:09 PM
Registered

Friend of mine has a 32 innovator with 496's he got it for a steal of a deal i just went out on it for the first time a few weeks ago and boat rode like a dream and it was a real head turner to pull up to the dock and flip the dash panels up...They seem to hold up pretty well. The only worry is that if the computers stop working right, from what i have heard they are kinda pricey to replace.