06 MCOB in Texas >

06 MCOB in Texas

Notices

06 MCOB in Texas

Old 11-22-2011, 03:52 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 06 MCOB in Texas

Has anyone seen this boat or know the history of the 2006 MCOB listed for sale by the Gulf Coast Boat Center in Kemah, TX? The dealer tells me it was a Texas fresh water boat....

Thanks!

Boat listed here:
http://gulfcoastboatingcenter.net/bo...owerboats.html
Old 11-22-2011, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by AZ Boater
Has anyone seen this boat or know the history of the 2006 MCOB listed for sale by the Gulf Coast Boat Center in Kemah, TX? The dealer tells me it was a Texas fresh water boat....

Thanks!

Boat listed here:
http://gulfcoastboatingcenter.net/bo...owerboats.html
That boat has the funky, non stock interior. Looks like vintage vinyl from an old Scarab or Donzi. 1st question should be what happened to the factory interior? 69K is a good price though for an 32 SS MCOB
Old 11-23-2011, 05:52 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It looks good from the road at 40mph! I live about 15 min from there and will be that way Saturday if you want me to swing by and take a closer look at it I would be willing to do so.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:00 PM
Registered
Gold Member

That Boat was at TMR Marine at Lake Conroe for a while this summer and was for sale there as well. It has a few scracthes and chips in the fiberglass along the hull on both sides where it looks like someone made to much contact with a dock or something. It also had some gouges in the fiberglass along the keel where it looks like it banged into something/beached on rocks, etc. I am guessing it would need about 3K minimum in fiberglass work to fix the scrathes and gouges that I saw. It had some wakeboard speakers mounted along the gunwale/top of the boat. I am not sure if it has a wrap or not but it looked like it did. IMO I would not pay that much for it. With trailer I would offer 56K.

Last edited by rgrgoog; 11-23-2011 at 07:09 PM.
Old 11-25-2011, 08:04 AM
Registered

Thanks for the great feedback. Good info on the interior replacement and the gel damage.

T-Rav, thank you for the offer to stop by and look at the boat, but because of the holidays, I will be in the area on Saturday and planned to stop by and get a look at it.

I'll post a report after I check the boat out on Saturday.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:09 PM
Registered

Default Mine now

Ok, so it took me a while to get back to this thread. I looked at the boat last weekend. Found it to be quite nice. The interior was replaced by the last owner. Very retro withe the pleats and piping, but compliments the color theme. Great options on this boat and low hours Found that it was a salt water boat with the first owner, but fairly well taken care of. I threw an offer out and the broker told me he'd get back to me later the next week. Meanwhile, I arranged for a motor survey and a hull survey and gave Joe at Sunsation a call to see if he could give me any background on the boat. Great discussion with Joe and we talked at length about the interior and if it was a red flag or not.

The owner/broker and I agreed on a price and I green lighted the surveys to move forward. Both came back favorable, so I sea-trialed the boat today. Ran the boat for about 1 hour with my surveyor on-board to ID any issues. Boat ran strong and all systems were a go.

So, I am now a Sunsation owner!! Thanks again for the advice in this thread.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:12 PM
Registered

Congratulations Sunsations are very nice. I havnt ever owned one, but a buddy of mine owns one of the Innovators they built a few years ago which I believe is the same hull as the SS. And the ride in that thing is awesome. We have had 9 people in it doing 79 GPS at Tickfaw. with stock 496 HO's
Old 12-06-2011, 03:29 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Congrats I'm glad it worked out for you.