2003 288 Drive Question >

2003 288 Drive Question

Notices

2003 288 Drive Question

Old 07-03-2012, 10:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 288 Drive Question

Hey guys: anyone tested a shortly lower on their 03' 288? Toying around with the idea to see how it handles/reacts. Running a NA572 around 725 hp. Thanks for any help....

Bryan
Old 07-11-2012, 07:58 PM
Registered

I just changed over to a -2 last weekend. Ran the boat on Cumberland over the weekend for about 3 hours. Not too impressed yet. Harder to get on plane, actually lost about 4-5 mph across the board. Gonna have to play with props or spacers now to make it work. My boat is a 2000 model so I'm not sure if we have the same hull. Running about 450-475 HP. Previous best was 72mph with a stock 26B1 at about 5100 rpm. Now runs around 67 at same rpm and prop so my slip is way up.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:02 AM
Registered

Can't see how a shorty would work without a extension box.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:47 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lbaldwin22
I just changed over to a -2 last weekend. Ran the boat on Cumberland over the weekend for about 3 hours. Not too impressed yet. Harder to get on plane, actually lost about 4-5 mph across the board. Gonna have to play with props or spacers now to make it work. My boat is a 2000 model so I'm not sure if we have the same hull. Running about 450-475 HP. Previous best was 72mph with a stock 26B1 at about 5100 rpm. Now runs around 67 at same rpm and prop so my slip is way up.
Keep me posted on your progress, would like to know how it works out for you, I was going to go that route with mine and am still messing around with, also we are local on Cumberland give me a holler next time your down
Old 07-12-2012, 01:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ZP'd
Can't see how a shorty would work without a extension box.
I keep hearing that about the extension box, not an option I want to try at the moment. I guess maybe i shouldve researched this a little more before I made the change

Im gonna try a couple different size spacers first, find out where that puts me and then maybe look at props. Maybe a 5 blade? If anyone has a line on some used spacers let me know.

Thanks,
Larry
Old 07-14-2012, 10:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by lbaldwin22
I keep hearing that about the extension box, not an option I want to try at the moment. I guess maybe i shouldve researched this a little more before I made the change

Im gonna try a couple different size spacers first, find out where that puts me and then maybe look at props. Maybe a 5 blade? If anyone has a line on some used spacers let me know.

Thanks,
Larry
I did a radar run last year and slapped on a 5 blade prior to...didn't work out too well for me. Lifted the a$$ out of the water quite a bit! It was also 2-3 footers but nevertheless...