Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sunsation
What happened to the sunsation forum? Is it gone for good? >

What happened to the sunsation forum? Is it gone for good?

Notices

What happened to the sunsation forum? Is it gone for good?

Old 01-22-2014, 12:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What happened to the sunsation forum? Is it gone for good?

Went on the sunny website to see if there were any boats listed and looks like they replaced the forum and lost everything. That sure sucks
Old 01-22-2014, 09:04 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Same thing happened to me when I tried to go to the forum last week. It will suck if all the old forum is gone.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:17 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Sure looks like it. Not crazy about the new color scheme either. Pretty hard to read.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

I can deal with the layout and color but they need to pull the content forward. The forum is truly what helped drive me to buying my first sunsation. I say first because a 36 is on the roadmap. However, the last few months it seems as though the community feel has been lost. To me, that is not only frustrating but end user envolvent has dropped with all the changes.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:08 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

1+ Crown

I went there because I had a question for the "ask sunsation section" And that is no longer a section on the new forum. I guess I will ask it here.

I want to replace all the rubber trim that is on the edges of the liner and deck in the engine compartment and want to know where I can find it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]516976[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]516977[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]516978[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]516979[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails What happened to the sunsation forum? Is it gone for good?-dsc02388.jpg   What happened to the sunsation forum? Is it gone for good?-dsc02389.jpg   What happened to the sunsation forum? Is it gone for good?-dsc02390.jpg  

What happened to the sunsation forum? Is it gone for good?-dsc02391.jpg  
Old 01-24-2014, 07:30 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

The new forum is different but the guys are active on it! I tried to log into the new forum with my old name/password and it said my name was not found. So I set up a new account and started a new thread about the trim piece and Joe responded in about an hour!
Old 01-30-2014, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 897 Likes on 486 Posts

This is posted on the site:
Hey guys,

To remain organized, We moved all posts about the old forum to this new location.

To answer your questions, the Sunsation forums were using a service known as Vbulletin. Unfortunately, Vbulletin is prone to attack and the original forums were subject to a very malicious hack.

We quarantined the data and installed a more robust (and safe!) forum. We are in the process of going through all the data with a fine tooth comb and cleaning out all of the code injections. The goal is, to integrate all that data into this new forum once we determine everything is safe.

Keep an eye on this topic for more details as they arise!
http://sunsationboats.com/forums/topic/original-forums/
Old 01-31-2014, 09:59 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
This is posted on the site:
Hey guys,

To remain organized, We moved all posts about the old forum to this new location.

To answer your questions, the Sunsation forums were using a service known as Vbulletin. Unfortunately, Vbulletin is prone to attack and the original forums were subject to a very malicious hack.

We quarantined the data and installed a more robust (and safe!) forum. We are in the process of going through all the data with a fine tooth comb and cleaning out all of the code injections. The goal is, to integrate all that data into this new forum once we determine everything is safe.

Keep an eye on this topic for more details as they arise!
http://sunsationboats.com/forums/topic/original-forums/
I read that too, and kind of chuckled. There are hundreds of V-bulletin sites out there that apparently are not as vulnerable as the post suggests. My guess is whomever was sourcing the site for Sunsation's forum screwed up on the security implementation, or got lazy about security updates over the years.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:34 AM
Registered

Hey Sunsation Fans,

JP with American Performance Media here.

As you have read, the Sunsation forums were attacked a few months back. It was a pretty nasty hack and littered the forum database with rogue code.

Don't lose hope though! We are going through line by line with the intent of restoring all the content of the old forum!

We are very interested in your feedback and providing the best experience possible for our users. If you have any questions or if there is a specific topic from the previous forum that you would like to see send me an email at: [email protected]

In the mean time, please enjoy the new features we have implemented to the Sunsation community experience. For example, once you have created a new account, you can log in with your smartphone and take/upload pictures of your days on the water to the new "Picture Wall" located in "Sunsation Lifestyle" on the front page of the website. The wall will continue to grow with your images and you can comment & favorite other user's images.

Thank you,

~ JP
Old 01-31-2014, 11:48 AM
Registered

Mentalpause,

You are correct, the previous forum admins did not update the forum or security patches often enough. As a result, a vulnerability was exploited and caused a system-wide crash. We have been working diligently to restore the old forum content while making improvements to the experience as a whole.

However, Vbulletin is known for security issues. While cleaning up the hack we came across a lot of documentation on the subject. Here is one such article: http://krebsonsecurity.com/2013/10/t...bulletin-hole/

~ JP

Last edited by JPSunsation; 01-31-2014 at 11:48 AM. Reason: formatting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.