Ladder Installation >

Ladder Installation

Notices

Ladder Installation

Old 03-07-2014, 07:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ladder Installation

I was wondering if anyone has ever installed a ladder on a Dominator? I had a buddy stop by the Sunsation Factory for me and pick up the ladder and all of the hardware. An tipps/tricks? I looked back on the swim platform through the engine bay and man it looks real tight. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Greg
Old 03-07-2014, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I haven't done but it is most likely a two person job. It looks like you may need to buy or build a long wrench for the inside. I would just be careful and make sure you have the placement correct. Do you have one locally that you can take measurements from? Good Luck
Old 03-07-2014, 09:49 AM
Registered

Scagburner: My buddy has an 01 so we have something we can reference off of, also Wayne supplied some good diagrams and all the hardware to install it. The long wrench deal is what is scaring me a little. Think I am going to have to rig something up to get the very back.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:10 AM
Registered

So I attempted the install but there is no way to get to any of the bolts from inside the boat. I went and looked at my buddies boat and whoever installed his ladder has removed it due to it pulling back through. On my buddies someone tried to lag it in instead of through bolting it. I am going to call Sunsation for some advice. I think the only way to get it through bolted is going to be cut a hole under the swim platform do the work then either have it re-fiberglassed or fit some sort of inspection plate. I was hoping someone would chime in that has done this before of my model boat. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:34 AM
Registered

Milleime - Do you have a photo of the inside if the swim platform looking from the engine bay?
Old 03-10-2014, 11:22 AM
Registered

No picture but I couldn't fit a tape measure between the top cap and the bottom. Mine is a 05 not as much freeboard as the newer models
Old 03-10-2014, 01:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MILLERIME
No picture but I couldn't fit a tape measure between the top cap and the bottom. Mine is a 05 not as much freeboard as the newer models
OK - You better get Joe on the phone... They probably mount them prior to putting the deck on. I'm sure he can help you out but I wouldn't think lagging it in would be very good.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:48 PM
Registered

I just talked to Kevin who does the ladder installations. He said the only way to do it is to cut out a portion of the rub rail, drill 1 1/4 inch hole so you can get to the back of the bolt, 5100 up your holes then re-install the rub rail. This is not what I wanted to here :-( I also only want to do this once. I will let ya'll know how it works out next weekend.
Old 03-10-2014, 09:44 PM
Registered

Can you reach the inside of the swim platform from the inside of the boat? The installation requires at least two guys, if not 3. The bolts are supposed to go up through the transom from the outside, and locked down with the nut from the inside. Its quite a pain in the ass, as I had to replace one on my old MCOB. However, if you can not reach the transom/swim platform from the inside of the boat, you're not gonna be able to tighten it down.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:40 AM
Registered

07...there is no way to reach from the inside. I talked to Sunsation and they said the only way to do it is to cut out a portion of the rub rail, do the work then reinstall the rub rail. What we are going to do is after we remove the rub rail and drill two 2 inch holes where the deck and hull meet is make a couple of brackets. These will be about an inch wide with nuts welded to them running length wise of the boat so we can bolt the front and back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.