288 MCOB Oil Pressure Reading >

288 MCOB Oil Pressure Reading

Notices

288 MCOB Oil Pressure Reading

Old 06-17-2014, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 288 MCOB Oil Pressure Reading

I have a 2014 288 MCOB (502/HO) and was wondering what a "normal" or "high" oil pressure reading should be or is? I had Baja with twin 502's and my guages always read about 40 psi (right in center) maybe 50 is I had it wide open throttle (if it went high, somethign was wrong).

With my new sunsation, it will display 60 (practically idle) and more near 70-75 cruising and at WOT. Is this normal? I double checked the analog gauge to the livorsi digital smart gauge; both read the same. Perhaps this is prrfectly normal, and I'm simply getting used to the readings....or perhaps its not.

Thoughts, suggestions, your readings?

Thx
Old 06-17-2014, 01:53 PM
Registered

That's normal, mine is at 60 at Idol and goes up to 70 wot. How are you liking the boat so far? Haven't seen it on the water yet but I keep my eyes open for it.
Old 06-17-2014, 02:09 PM
Registered

Okay, this makes me feel more at ease. You know how getting a new boat is, every little difference, noice, or whatever, I'm constantly checking on things. Right now, been playing with the trim tabs this past weekend...want to see what speeds I can see. Still learning and tickering with things...radio (having it sufle through playlists, etc), and trying to fix my depth gauge. Granted, I figure someone at the poker run (6/25) will know how to fix it, haha.

I love it (kinda want to go faster, but that's me with anything)...everywhere I've been I've gotten into a ten minute conversation with someone. It's been great. Already have 19 hours on it...but that's okay. We're taking it all over. Went to Island grille (Fri) and Browns (sun) ; then putz around in poor man's and down the Clinton River.

I generally stay on the north end of the lake for the most part. This weekend I know I'll be cooking up the middle channel most likely, then down the south. Then who knows....end up swimming somewhere.

But overall, still getting used to the boat. I feel you really need to "drive" this boat, in comparison to my 10,000lb baja, that was more like having auto pilot. Addreline is racing more with the Sunny...this boat catches some good waves. Very fun to drive.
Old 06-17-2014, 08:19 PM
Registered

Yes it's definitely a drivers boat, it's not a boat you can get buzzed up and let your buddy drive it back. You'll be fine all you need is a little more seat time.
Old 06-23-2014, 12:54 PM
Registered

Walter Rian, clear your inbox trying to send you a message.
Old 06-23-2014, 03:06 PM
Registered

cleared....yeah, had to get the "sent" ones out.