Who is a first time Sunsation owner >

Who is a first time Sunsation owner

Notices

Who is a first time Sunsation owner

Old 01-29-2004, 04:22 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Red what did you pay 4 that sweet azz ride?
Old 01-30-2004, 12:52 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CAPO71
I'd hate to say but I thought it was a good deal. Such a good deal, I now own 2 boats. Trying to sell the other one. I didn't know what to expect from a repo. The bank wanted to get it off of the books. Your right pop up cleats would be nice along with a front anchor locker.

Denny
As far as the steering ,any boat built to do 80mph like this one should of had external hyd steering as a standard feature not an option. But having a selling price $7000 less is an advantage. I would think Sunsation would want the best possible ride for their customers. Either way I love this boat and will do whats right.

I would like to hear from other Dominator owners who have regular steering. Happy with the ride or did you switch over.
Old 02-02-2004, 03:26 PM
Registered

Red Thunder, When I joined the Sunsation team three years ago, we made changes and improvements. The full hydraulic steering is now standard on 2004 32 Dominators and Innovators, and is required on all Blue Racing Merc application on the 288.
Old 02-03-2004, 10:03 AM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

The goal is to always improve year after year. I think the Algonac boyz are doing just that. But Red you are correct. Any twin application for safety's sake should have the hydraulics. But I would think the "option" without was probably to give the buyer an opportunity to shop and install his own later and not finance that part.

I know with my "single" 496HO in the 288 it would've been great to have at least a partial setup especially when running in the slop like I do consistently...Good luck and no matter what, you're gonna end up with a lot of ride for the money you spend...

Last edited by Reckless32; 02-03-2004 at 10:10 AM.
Old 02-04-2004, 02:17 PM
wildcard

Default First time owner

I purchased a new 32 Dominator in 2002. My previous boat was a 2000, 32 Fountain. In my opinion, the Dominator has a better ride in rough water and quicker acceleration. I used to get wet in the Fountain when it was rough. It also handles much better around the docks. The Fountain is a good boat, but the aggressive step in the hull acts as a plow when your in reverse. I also get a little more speed with 454 Efi mags in the Dominator then I did with 502's Efi mags in the Fountain. My Dominator did not have the full hydraulic steering option and I did not feel in control at full speed. I purchased Imco full hydraulic from Sunsation and installed it myself. Barrie helped me with good advise. All the hoses were the right length and the installation was not difficult. The hardest part was to get at the tab washer to remove the existing steering cylinder. Day and night change in handling and a fair price as well. If you don't have it, put it on. You will be very happy with the control and safety it provides.

Old 02-04-2004, 02:46 PM
Registered

Wildcard, Thank you !!!!! for explaining The Real Deal and how you compare your Sunsation 32 Dominator.

Last edited by DENNY SUNSATION; 02-04-2004 at 03:05 PM.
Old 02-05-2004, 10:55 AM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Thanks Wildcard for that real-world perspective. Looking forward to my own perpective on it...
Old 02-07-2004, 12:18 AM
Banned

Wildcard
What props are you using? RPM and speed? Thanks for your candid steering results. The shop tightened the gimble swivel pin connection. It feels a lot better. When the weather gets better will see what difference it made. Now I'am working on Toe-in dimension.
Old 02-09-2004, 12:14 PM
wildcard

Smile

Red Thunder: I am using Bravo 4 blade 28" pitch props and can turn 5050 to 5100 rpm's at a top end of 80mph on a good day. I can always get 78 mph recorded on a Garmin 182 GPS. I have stainless marine exhaust with Corsa 5.5"silencer tips, Arizona Speed and Marine reprogrammed ECM with Hardin Marine flame arrestors. I boat in fresh water in a cool area of NY at about 100' above sea level. I can't expect any more out of stock 454 mags. I just love the acceleration and smooth ride. The boat is a pleasure to drive. I am sure you will like yours once you get to know it. The hydraulic steering makes a (BIG) improvement . It is well worth the money if you can do it. It will also raise the value of the boat. I wish you the best. Good Luck.