Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Boats:
    2005 288 SUNSATION

Attn: need advice on new 288

Alright, splashed our new baby yesterday for the very first time... ran her for about an hour or so,,,, BUT, since I have never ran one before had a question for you guys,,, I know this is the new hull but there seems to be one hell of a rooster tail off the back.... 1/4 trim and the rooster tail is small, 1/3 trim and it's quite a bit bigger, anything over 1/3 on the qauge and its down right huge... Just wondering from the 288 owners if all that is required to run these boats is 1/4 to 1/3 trim,,, my old baja, I could run right up to almost half on the trim gauge no problems.. Tried to contact Joe or Dave at the factory to ask but they are out for the holiday weekend,, ANY help or advice would be greatly appreciated...

My Boats:
    Stray Cat Statement Marine

Re: Attn: need advice on new 288

Chris
    Beautiful boat...sorry we didnt get across the dock to get a look and get some pics yesturday. The girls needed food and by the time we finished you were out on the jetski.

Does the boat feel heavily trimmed when its shooting the roostertail? I would not go by the trim indicator to tell you were the drive is being that its a new boat. You have to feel it, and when the boat is riding were it should be, then you make a note of were the gauge is and use that as a reference. You can adjust the gauge to were you would like it to be at optimum trim if it reads to high or low for your liking.

I have the dial type sensors that mount on the side of the drive for my trim gauge. Last year when I replaced the drive some one turned the gear by hand to see how it worked and now the gauge is "off" (on the high side) compared to where is used to read. So this is an easy fix to say the least.

Anyway...kick azz boat enjoy and be safe.

My Boats:
    Sunsation and Apache

I don't throw a tail. Mine will, but if it does its too high. A simple way to run her till you talk with Sunsation is to trim it just before it starts the rooster. For WOT runs.

My Boats:
    Sunsation and Apache

I don't throw a tail. Mine will, but if it does its too high. A simple way to run her till you talk with Sunsation is to trim it just before it starts the rooster. For WOT runs.

My Boats:
    Sunsation and Apache

My Boats:
    Sunsation and Apache

My Boats:
    Sunsation and Apache

My Boats:
    Sunsation and Apache

My Boats:
    Sunsation and Apache

My Boats:
    Sunsation and Apache

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast