When will the new 38 be ready >

When will the new 38 be ready

Notices

When will the new 38 be ready

Old 09-09-2004, 06:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: When will the new 38 be ready

O.K. just have to wait now. Will it be stepped Dave. I'm not familiar with the Powerplay hull, will there be substantial differences from it? Or can you tell us?
Old 09-09-2004, 03:23 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

I just want to see what the beast will look like. Sounds like an interesting behind the scenes story with getting the thing built too, not to mention by the time it's completed it'll be a 52 footer...

BTW what kind of ballpark range are we talking with a set of 525's or 575's?

Also when can we expect to be seeing the 366, or is it now the 377 and what willit look like?

Last edited by Reckless32; 09-09-2004 at 03:25 PM.
Old 09-10-2004, 02:35 PM
Registered

Jeff,

It is a twin stepped hull - awesome hull !!

Rick,

Loaded with standard options w/525's MSRP is low 320 range

The 366 will follow right on the heels of the 409 and both boats will look like Dominator on Steroids!!!! With lots of appetite for performance
Old 09-14-2004, 06:44 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Any performance expectations yet with T525 setup? How about updated graphic design shots to get an idea of what to expect inside and out?
Old 09-15-2004, 04:52 AM
Registered

Rick,

Other than larger coverage area, our current graphics are available, but I'm thinking most will opt for custom HEAVY graphics. Nothing to show yet on interior layout - those will be awhile as the hull and deck tooling are the main focus. I assure you the cabin will be spectacular.
Old 09-15-2004, 11:14 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

So it is a 38' PowerPlay with a streched bow (since the cabin is staying the same) and adding an integrated swim platform. Kind of sounds like a quick way to make a 38 into a 42'.
Old 09-16-2004, 06:37 AM
Registered

Will Sunsation use different material than powerplay? Or use a diffrent process when laying?

I have never spoken anything but great comments about Sunsation, but useing another companies hull just doesn't fit with Sunsations past. They have been inovators and experimantors, with their own product for years and years now. This decision must have come about with some other reservations.
Old 09-16-2004, 07:09 AM
Ed
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Boomer 880
So it is a 38' PowerPlay with a streched bow (since the cabin is staying the same) and adding an integrated swim platform. Kind of sounds like a quick way to make a 38 into a 42'.
What Boomer 880 says raises another question of the step location & depth. The PP's forward step is 1 1/2" deep & the rear step is 2" deep, specifically located as well. Will you be improving their placement & size for the substantial boat growth & gross weight? Ed
Old 09-16-2004, 08:52 AM
Registered

With questionable results prior in working with navel architects / engineers and their related cost it made perfect sense to seek a proven hull to start with as a foundation. Dan did an outstanding job with his 38 hull bottom as many of you know and allowed us to jump start our project vs beginning from scratch with a set of plans that may have been promised to work but would have been a question up till you produce the first hull and run it. We went that avenue before with sour results. This avenue worked for Dan and us. As far as differences, there are many. The only item remaining the same will be the steps and main hull bottom. We’ve changed the hull sides, raised the freeboard on the hull sides, widened the cockpit, changed the deck, the fairing, rear hatch, dash layout, etc, etc., etc,. All the performance characteristics, CG point, strake placement, transom angle, ect, have been addressed with the length of the changes we’ve made. So this is Sunsation as far as innovative, creative styling, fit and finish, world class laminate schedules, and so on. Having a platform to start with was intuitive and practical when all avenues were considered. With Wayne & Dave Moriarty teaming up on this and exhausting the other avenues we were considering, rest assured this new flagship for us will follow the path we’ve laid in “exceeding expectations” and building powerboats we feel are “worth owning”. Thank you all for following, investigating and commenting, we listen very intently to all of you.
Old 09-16-2004, 01:51 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Guess it is time to jump into the frey here. I will be the proud owner of the first 409 out of the factory. I have been working with David, Joe and Wayne for quite sometime on this project (like about 2 years). And have openly shared my opinions with them.

I think they made a great decision going with a proven hull. When I orginally found that they were talking to PowerPlay, I did quite a bit of research on that hull since I had skin in the game. What I found out was it is reportedly by many one of the very best hulls out there. If you haven't researched PowerPlay I think you will be happy with what you find about the 33 and the 38 sport decks. Their customers remind me of Sunsation customers. Other boat enthusiasts such as the ones at HotBoat also agree that it is one of the best hulls out there.

I'm excited about the changes they are making. If you look at the PowerPlay hull, the nose comes up rather abruptly, much like a Formula. Not a bad thing, just a styling thing. By putting the Innovator nose on it, you get an aggressive look that is much more like the dominator. I was at the plant the day they put the nose up to it, and it made a huge difference in appearance.

They orginally talked about an aluminum swim platform, like lots of Florida boats used, but finally decided on an integrated fiberglass swim platform, again much like the dominator. I was also please they made that decision, although I have not seen that addition yet. (Hint Dave)

The boat is incredibly deep, a whole different feeling sitting in the cockpit that in the dominator cockpit.

As far as partnering with PowerPlay versus starting from scratch, and paying someone tons of $ to architect an unproven hull, I think they went the right way. Not to mention they went the direction that would bring the boat to market sooner, which was a concern of mine.

I've talked at length with Frank (owner of the first Innovator) and he can give you a perspective on frustration of trying to invent a new hull from scratch.

Quick Reply: When will the new 38 be ready

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.