When will the new 38 be ready

Notices

When will the new 38 be ready

Old 09-28-2004, 10:42 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: When will the new 38 be ready

Thanks Dave and Mentalpause for sharing these little tid-bits. There's a bunch of us that can't wait to get our sights on the real deal. If it's gonna look like a Dominator on steroids then I'm hooked already.

Not sure if I'll be leaping to the 40' level just yet, but the 366 definitely is peaking my interest in the interim. I'll settle for my 32' for now, and lay in wait...
Old 09-29-2004, 06:15 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

The boat continues to grow. Now it is getting built to accomodate staggered engines. In order to leave the cockpit room as is, another 10 inches got added to the engine compartment. So we are up to almost 43 feet. Also added a couple more inches of headroom in the cabin, so it will have tons of headroom. I believe the first one (mine) is coming out with a staggered setup. We may need to figure out a new logo instead of SS409. I believe SS427 might fit the bill, and I'm sure I can find some old Chevy flagged logos to put in the boat.

If I could only make winter go by faster.....
Old 09-29-2004, 10:10 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Geez, sounds like it's morphing into a monster

What motors are you having put in? 1075's? What is the anticipated performance with your engine package of choice? Expected dry weight? Picked out any graphics yet?

And the $10k question....When do we get to see the build pics?
Old 09-30-2004, 05:41 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Sounds like a great project. The headroom over 6'2" at the cabin bottom of step to 5'6" to beginning of V berth is what typically is found in a few of the the competitions boats. The beam is anywhere from 8'6" to 9'2". The extra inches in the engine compartment will accomodate staggerd motors and a gen set, which is all good news. Can't wait to see the finished product, sounds like a winner. Jeff
Old 09-30-2004, 07:56 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

I am going with 525s to start. If I want to do something in the future it will be a good platform to build on. In the PowerPlay they are getting around 86mph in a fully loaded boat, including gen set. I'm realistically looking for 80mph, probably on a good day. My guess is the boat is coming in around 10,000 lbs, that is what Wayne is trying to keep it under.

Pictures - Dave, did you hear pictures?

As far as graphics, I think I an going with red/orange yellow, but not sure the exact graphic package. Saw this Cig on boatrader I really liked the color scheme on. Need to talk to Mitcher T more on graphics.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
red cig.bmp (63.9 KB, 74 views)
Old 10-01-2004, 06:32 AM
Registered

Renameing shouldn't be a problem, if they don't mind the name not being a chevy engine!
Old 10-01-2004, 08:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I bet a box of donuts that at 10,000 pounds they will be lucky to hit 80 mph, let alone 86 mph... any takers?
Old 10-02-2004, 04:48 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your "ON" there Boom,,and I want Chocolate Covered Too!!!! I'll have it set up where you can wire the Money, right to the Bakery!!!

Thanks in advance!!!! Mitchell
Old 10-02-2004, 08:40 AM
Ed
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
I am going with 525s to start. If I want to do something in the future it will be a good platform to build on. In the PowerPlay they are getting around 86mph in a fully loaded boat, including gen set. I'm realistically looking for 80mph, probably on a good day. My guess is the boat is coming in around 10,000 lbs, that is what Wayne is trying to keep it under.

Pictures - Dave, did you hear pictures?

As far as graphics, I think I an going with red/orange yellow, but not sure the exact graphic package. Saw this Cig on boatrader I really liked the color scheme on. Need to talk to Mitcher T more on graphics.
And what were you told the PP weighed, to acheive that 86 m.p.h. speed? Considering that fuel weighs about 6 pounds per gallon X 250 gallons, or so... That alone is 1500 pounds. Just curious. Thanks, Ed
Old 10-02-2004, 02:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I could maybe understand 86 mph if the boat was 8500 pounds or less, but at 10K+ it may do well in the rough stuff, but I would think 76-80 tops with a pair of HOT 525s.

Unless you are like a certain builder that tests on the Mississippi River, where there is a 6-8 mile per hour current, real world is different. This builder will show a GPS of 75 mph, but then can never duplicate the results in other waters. It is a shame that so many builders play games with the #s. Real world versus dealer hype is always different.

This is not an attack on Sunsation, but a general statement towards the industry.

I think the new Sunsation will be a hot looking boat!!!

Quick Reply: When will the new 38 be ready

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.