Notices

2006 F1 class

Old 10-03-2005, 05:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2006 F1 class

Time is getting near...The "2006" SBI / APBA meeting will be held in Ft. Lauderdale this year. A conference call is being set-up for the F1 class to discuss some possible changes for the coming year.We would like to try to have the first conference call after Deerfield and before the Worlds.
Anyone that is interested in running F1 next year or would like any information about what is on the horizon please fell free to contact me. I can give you the Time & Date of the conference call, and you're welcome to be part of it. We would like to hear from as many of you as possible, I know there is a lot of great F1 boats out there. If you have any concerns about your boat lets talk about it and see what can been done for the future.
2005 proved to be a good start with 6 registered F1 boats. We would like to see the class grow from there,and welcome all to at least be heard. I have spoke to a lot of teams one on one and now is the time to put it to paper and vote on the future of the class.
Everyone seems to have opinions now is your time to be heard and make a differance...our common goal is to make our class and the sport in general better.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 2006 F1 class

Good luck with the class Frank, I'm sure its in great hands. KW will be the last race the LaveyCraft F1-11 will run as a factory class boat. LaveyCraft has had a registered F1 boat since 1996.

Last edited by Faster Daddy; 10-03-2005 at 11:23 PM.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:03 AM
Registered

Good luck Brian in what ever class you decide to run, I'm sure you will do great .

Thanks for all your PM's I'll reply to you all ASAP when I have more info. Some of you have said we should have a meeting in Deerfield, but I just dont know if we will have the time to put it together by then.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:35 PM
Registered

Are you considering MORE rule changes before Key West?? Will equipment owners have a vote? Please let me know.

Brian
Old 10-04-2005, 02:49 PM
Registered

Brian,

There will be no rule changes for 2005 running though KW (Merc header change only).
Might not be any for 2006... Just somethings we are looking at and depending on what the class as a group decides.This was a good year and a learning curve to a NEW class. Hopefully we will continue to move forward and make it better for the future.Yes equipment owners will have a vote same as we did last year in Atlanta when we as a group decided and voted on the changes that were made.

Dave the CMI Headers that are approved are the same as the Headers used on the Innovation Motor, and has been posted on the SBI web. site. The part # and one style of header is the only header that is approved for the F1 class. After testing the E-TOP Header part # 13820 from CMI on a Merc 496,Innovation forward the Dyno Sheets to the board to review and they have decide to allow teams with Merc 496 HO engines to have the option to use the same header Innovation is using on their motor.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:47 PM
Registered

Brain.....I have been in a cave lately....your not running F1 no more....
Old 10-04-2005, 04:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MANITIE
Brain.....I have been in a cave lately....your not running F1 no more....
Not in Factory 1 for 2006

I'm leaving all options open, we will be racing something in some class. We'll just have to wait and see what the new year brings.
Old 10-04-2005, 04:18 PM
Registered

Brian good luck this weekend and be safe, we'll see you in KW it should be a blast and some great racing...
Old 10-04-2005, 04:28 PM
Registered

Brian, I hope you reconsider and continue to run in F1. The class is growing and is having growing pains but it will be a top class in the years to come. More boats and teams are getting interested in this class and with the sponsorship possibities there is light at the end of the tunnel. Dave
Old 10-04-2005, 04:40 PM
Registered

I don't see growth, I see more changes and my sponsor has lost interest. It doesn't pay for them to open their checkbook if there's a changing rule book. They want a level playing field and to know that all rules will be in effect and enforced. Until this pans out I think I will have a hard time convincing them to come back.

Good luck Dave, you have one hell of a boat. I can't wait to see how you guys run in the rough stuff in Deerfield. I know that Frank loves to run in the "rough, rough, rough"

Brian

Quick Reply: 2006 F1 class

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.